The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rita Hayworth, via Graham Greene > Comments

Rita Hayworth, via Graham Greene : Comments

By Mark Buckley, published 9/3/2020

Do not cull your books: you will regret it

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Books r nice. But vastly more relevant to OLO readers is ASX CRASHES TODAY [9 March 2020]

below 6,000 in worst opening since GFC.

The Australian share market has lost more than $100 billion in today's trade so far, amid the economic fallout from the coronavirus and an oil price war.

It has been the worst day of trade since November 2008, when the global financial crisis took hold, and the rout is hammering share portfolios and superannuation balances.

The ASX 200 index has lost 6 per cent...."

see SMH http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-09/share-market-plunges/12038162
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 9 March 2020 12:17:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Mark,
I liked your story about "Old Books" and Rita Hayworth. I am also am a book hoarder and have started exchanging books with a friend- it is a good way to build a friendship over time. The music and dancing on the YouTube clip access showed that over 9 million people enjoyed watching it- which is a recommendation in itself.

Thank you also for your article in January 2020 about our absent P.M. on holidays in Hawaii. Bob Menzies lost his Prime Ministership in 1940 due to his long absences in the U.K. while Australia was embroiled in war against Nazism, with the danger of Japan attacking Australia at any stage. In both cases there appears to have been a lack of commitment to face up to adversities at home.

Keep contributing your ideas as I appreciate them
Posted by Cyclone, Monday, 9 March 2020 2:01:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like Rita the actress and had a good set of hooves on the dance floor. Looked as if she enjoyed it? Didn't know she was abused sexually as a child. Sorry to hear that and poor little bugger.

As long as silence is seen as consent, these sad and sorry episodes will continue and as long a there's a confessional seal? Lots of them will never ever be told and the poor little buggers allowed to suffer for the term of their natural life in their own silent purgatory!

Hard to attach any blame to kids, even so-called precocious ones, given at most times there was one adult in the room, or should that read, monster, given the life sentence these permanently damaged kids have to live with.

I'm sure there's a place in heaven for Ladies like Rita! And no blame or judgement in heaven for damaged kids!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 9 March 2020 4:47:05 PM
Mark I so enjoyed this article unlike everything else you have ever written here. Well that's about it from me, thank for giving me some enjoyment.
Yes the stock market and world economy is much much more important but I cannot believe that you blokes have not seen this all coming? By the by this is only the start there is a lot more horror to come and we richly deserve the coming catastrophe. What made anyone think you could just keep borrowing money created out of thin air?
A more interesting question is what does this mean to property prices etc.
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 9 March 2020 4:51:34 PM
JBowyer
>What made anyone think you could just keep borrowing money created out of thin air?
The fact that there's nothing to prevent it.

It's only those who oppose doing so who deserve the coming catastrophe.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 9:27:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aiden I suggest you read about the South Sea Bubble and also the creation of fiat money. Both were as easy as borrowing money pulled out of thin air and both ended very badly. The point is that eventually you run out of credibility and then everyone runs for the exits. House prices, share prices and assets in general are going to take a hit!
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 10 March 2020 2:38:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy