The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The real issue with ABC radio > Comments

The real issue with ABC radio : Comments

By Terry Ryan, published 5/3/2020

Leaving aside the political bickerings of bias, a review should consider whether taxpayers are funding roles that are already adequately provided in the private sector whether commercially or mutually.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
SteeleRedux,
Haha, very funny, Ray Martin's just crawling in the hope to still get onto their gravy train.
Not a very valid endorsement !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 5 March 2020 3:36:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear individual,

A prime time journalist and one of the original 60 minutes reporter and later producer of one of the most well known mainstream tv shows and yet he is out because he might be harbouring thoughts of working for the ABC one day?

Get your hand off it mate.

You asked, I delivered and all you have in rebuttal is some lame excuse.

Par for the course I'm afraid and pretty pathetic.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 5 March 2020 4:33:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm afraid and pretty pathetic.
SteeleRedux,
Spot-on self appraisal !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 5 March 2020 5:09:25 PM
Come off it SR, Ray Martin is, like most of the media, so far left he can probably only make anti clockwise circles.

After 20 or 30 years with my radio rusted on to the ABC, I ditched the growing biased outfit about a dozen years ago.

The other day I had a very early morning requirement, so fired up the old clock radio, still so tuned.

Some ratbag woman came on with the radio, getting me out of bed in record time, to shut her down.

I guess I have to admit, this proved the ABC is good for something after all, but certainly not worth more than a dollar per annum of my money.

I agree Chris Lewis, I have not watched ABC TV more than half a dozen times a year for a decade or more. All the good docos that used to be ABC fare have moved to SBS these days.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 5 March 2020 7:43:17 PM
Sell the rest, I could not care less, but keep Radio National.

It has its faults. There are too many god programs. Its main conservative presenters (like Switzer and Vanstone) are twits. Its arts programs, especially books, have also been invaded by self-regarding lightweights.

But also, it still provides a good range of largely apolitical science, evidence and information that I am just never going to get from commercial sources.
Posted by Steve S, Friday, 6 March 2020 6:42:13 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

Leave off old cock, individual specifically asked "Show us a review of the ABC by non-academics & private enterprise journalists." which I did and then he scurried for the hills. Not sure why you felt the need to stick the beak in.

As to you falling out of favour with the ABC as you have gotten older do you ever think it might just be you have progressively become more curmudgeonly? Nothing to be ashamed of, I see it in my self. Suffering fools less lightly and all of that.

I can't imagine the vast majority of young to middle aged Australians enjoying the kind of radio you would want blaring across the mens shed. Alan Jones seems to be the go in your demographic now. Doesn't cost you a penny either so enjoy.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 6 March 2020 9:56:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy