The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler abuse of power rebounds on Democrats > Comments

Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler abuse of power rebounds on Democrats : Comments

By David Singer, published 10/2/2020

Their partisan political strategy has cost taxpayers tens of millions of dollars as the Democrats trashed long-established cardinal legal principles to pursue the President.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I believe in the lesser of two evils & the lesser came out on top ! The result could have been a lot worse !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 11 February 2020 2:43:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Banjo

You really need to judge Trump's record as President - which is truly amazing - rather than attacking him personally - as this list demonstrates:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

The Democrats hope that Trump would be impeached was being raised as early as 17 April 2016 - seven months before he was even elected - as an article in Politico claimed:
“Impeachment” is already on the lips of pundits, newspaper editorials, constitutional scholars, and even a few members of Congress. From the right, Washington attorney Bruce Fein puts the odds at 50/50 that a President Trump commits impeachable offenses as president."

This Democrat and media obsession with impeachment will be the factor that sees the Democrats losing the 2020 elections. The voters do not like it as the opinion polls are showing.

#Daffy
Trump was acquitted. Accepting the verdict is what should always occur. You apparently don't agree. 100 Senators made that decision in accordance with the procedures laid out in the Senate and the Constitution.Game, set and match. Get over it.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 11 February 2020 5:43:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Dear David,

You wrote :

1. « You really need to judge Trump's record as President - which is truly amazing - rather than attacking him personally - as this list demonstrates:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/ »

The list is presented as written by the president himself: “Under my Administration ….”. “We did this …” and “We did that …”.

As I indicated in my previous post, President Trump is widely and consistently reputed to be a pathologic liar and cannot be considered a reliable source of information. Unfortunately, “he” (if, indeed, it was Trump who wrote the list) does not cite his sources.

Whatever he says and whatever he writes, nobody knows if it is true or not. Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn’t. Everything must be checked, and double checked.

That is a major inconvenience for a president of the United States.

An example of this is his recent State of the Union speech. Fact checking by the “Washington Post” reveals the following “mistruths” :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/02/04/fact-checking-president-trumps-2020-state-union-address/

Nancy Pelosi issued this statement on Trump’s State of the Union speech :

http://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/2520

2. « The Democrats hope that Trump would be impeached was being raised as early as 17 April 2016 - seven months before he was even elected »

That’s understandable – given his track record as a crook, cheat, liar and megalomaniac prior to his election as president of the United States – particularly since his personal fortune was gained at the expense of many of those who placed their trust in him (investors, sacked employees)

3. « This Democrat and media obsession with impeachment will be the factor that sees the Democrats losing the 2020 elections. The voters do not like it as the opinion polls are showing »

I beg to disagree. I don’t think impeachment has anything to do with it. His acquittal was a foregone conclusion. I think it will be because the electors think Trump is doing a good job despite – or because of – his well-earned experience as an “outlaw”.

The polls are confirming that his impeachment doesn’t count.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Tuesday, 11 February 2020 11:40:10 PM
#Banjo

Since you choose to use the Washington Post fact check list - here are my comments to a few:
1. “I am thrilled to report to you tonight that our economy is the best it has ever been.”

"The president can certainly brag about the state of the economy, but he runs into trouble when he repeatedly makes a play for the history books."

So Trump is entitled to brag about the economy but he could be stretching the truth about the history books. According to you Trump has done nothing to brag about in relation to the economy.

2. “Since my election, we have created 7 million new jobs.”

"Trump often inflates the number of jobs created under his presidency by counting from Election Day, rather than when he took the oath of office. There have been almost 6.7 million jobs created since February 2017, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics."

6.7 million people with jobs - now off unemployment benefits - is not a bad record - don't you agree?

3. “Under my administration, 7 million Americans have come off of food stamps.”

"About 6 million people (not 7 million) have stopped receiving food stamps since February 2017, according to the latest data."

6 million isn't a bad figure either - don't you agree? Do you think these people who have had their dignity and that of their families restored will vote for Trump or his opponent?

Shock horror - Trump might be stretching the truth. Tell me which politicians don't. But he is producing solid results which you refuse to acknowledge.

Pelosi has no credibility following her reversing her opinion that impeachment should not occur in the absence of bipartisan support and bringing the House into disrepute by tearing up the President's SOTU address. At least she has now realised that if the Democrats want to beat Trump they need to have the policies to do so - not think they can win by using their majority in the House to delegitimise a duly elected President.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 12 February 2020 10:25:37 AM

Dear David,

Trump was never a politician. He was in real estate – having inherited his father’s fortune and real estate business. According to The New York Times he "was a millionaire by age 8". He started working in the family business when he was 15 while he was still a student. He has never been involved in the nitty-gritty of politics. He could never have acquired the culture of cheating and lying from politics. It must have been in real estate.

As president of the United States, he is no ordinary politician, and no ordinary man. His is the Head of State, Chief Executive, and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the world’s most powerful nation - 24 hours a day, every day of the year, as long as he remains president. As such, he is expected to act neither as an ordinary politician nor as an ordinary man, but to be a paragon of integrity and respect.

I think it is true to say that we are all capable of telling lies at some point or other during our lives, even if we are good honest people.

However, some lies are acceptable, and others are not. In my view, those that are acceptable are the lies we tell solely for the benefit of others. Those that we tell solely for our own benefit are not acceptable. And the lies we tell for the supposed benefit of both ourselves and others are only acceptable if the others accept them as such, i.e., lies.

Here is an example, in partisan politics, of a lie for the benefit of others :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=S34cVkL6zCE&feature=emb_logo

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Thursday, 13 February 2020 7:47:04 AM
#Banjo

You now state that Trump as President must be "expected to act neither as an ordinary politician nor as an ordinary man, but to be a paragon of integrity and respect."

Which former Presidents would you say met these high and exacting standards?
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 13 February 2020 11:58:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy