The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Climate change means lifestyle change > Comments

Climate change means lifestyle change : Comments

By John Avery, published 10/2/2020

A United Nations report released Wednesday, 20 November, 2019, warned that worldwide projections for fossil fuel production over the next decade indicate that the international community is on track to fail to rein in planet-heating emissions.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hey ALTRAV,

"I am buoyed and encouraged by the uprising of people realising they have been mis-lead and our coming forward and speaking out."

I think the useful idiots still outnumber the smart, aware and intelligent people at least 3 to 1, maybe more.

I heard the Labor Party's in an absolute tizzy right now, which is both amusing and encouraging.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 14 February 2020 7:54:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC, so more good news about the labour (HUH) party.
Now there's one of the best contradictions of ALL time.
There are no labourers in the labour party as they are people who actually worked for a living.
Doing physical work, labouring?
Labour party, indeed?
Now what is the labour party in a Tizzy about, I've just got back?
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 14 February 2020 2:23:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Now what is the labour party in a Tizzy about, I've just got back?
ALTRAV,
Well, I can only speak from my experiences from working with & around Labor supporters. The blue collar ALP supporters are of the standard "my Dad" voted Labor. The bureaucrats saturating the Public Service are there for climbing the ranks for their own benefit & the benefit of those who let them climb the ladders to maintain the status quo of the Swamp !
The power mongers in the ALP are standard Lawyers & Union reps who "help" people who pay the union fees ! The average blue collar worker in private enterprise doesn't count as much as those who can't afford to pay Union fees.
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 February 2020 8:36:38 PM
Hey ALTRAV,
This is third hand info, I'm not completely sure of the facts;

Someone told me yesterday the left and right factions of the Labor party are in-fighting because they realise their climate change and progressive agendas wont win elections.

So they're trying to be more 'conservative' but I think they're only paying lip service so they can win and then just continue to advance their irrational agendas anyway.

I think we spoke about this a few months back in the general forum, so basically it was anticipated, but I think maybe the bushfires has now brought Labor and the Greens policies under greater scrutiny.

I think that's whats going on, but I may be wrong.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 14 February 2020 8:45:32 PM
as those
the above was a typo, should be "as they'
Posted by individual, Saturday, 15 February 2020 8:21:20 AM
Just saw this on the net.

"Net zero" refers to achieving an overall balance between emissions produced and emissions taken out of the atmosphere. Like a bath with the taps on, an approach to achieving this balance can be either to turn down the taps (the emissions) or to drain an equal amount down the plug (removals of emissions from the atmosphere, including storage for the emissions such as "carbon sinks").

What are some of the habits we should curb right now to make a practical inroad in this academic idea ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 16 February 2020 11:19:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy