The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Diminishing returns: calculated misery in air travel > Comments

Diminishing returns: calculated misery in air travel : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 23/1/2020

As Alex Abad-Santos laments in Vox, passengers upgrade their seats, not to get a more spectacular service or experience, but 'to avoid hell'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Crapstar anyone? ? ? ?
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 23 January 2020 9:34:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It doesn't take much imagination for those of us condemned to travel economy class to feel that we are in a railway cattle car to somewhere very unpleasant.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 23 January 2020 9:35:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just love travelling, Trains, boats or automobiles is all fine by me. Currently VLine has suspended my local train service but providing free road coaches so it could not be any cheaper.
I am going to travel, in retirement, as much as I can, see as much as I can and experience as much as I can.
The rest of you can go down to your local coffee bars for smashed avocado on toast and all have a whine about all us terrible common folk enjoying what should only be for you gentry.
Get over yourselves!
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 23 January 2020 6:20:09 PM
@JBowyer

You lucky, lucky bastard (traveling to Judea in advance :)

What wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face, by a Roman hostie! http://youtu.be/aXcsDMwiEtA
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 25 January 2020 9:05:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy