The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Emus cannot fly > Comments

Emus cannot fly : Comments

By Les Louis, published 14/1/2020

If Bruce Pascoe is a charlatan, he should be prosecuted...and his claims that Aborigines were not hunter/gatherers should be exposed as bunkum.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Loudmouth2,
re Name, Place, year, Number, Reason....
I'm lost with that, what do these relate to exactly ?

Are these names of people claiming Aboriginality/Indigenous status ? Is the year the year of Birth ? What is meant by Reason ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 15 January 2020 2:09:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth2,
You still there ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 18 January 2020 7:55:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, Individual, I didn't bookmark this thread.

http://www.cifhs.com/qldrecords/CPA-Correspondence%20Index.html

is a summary of the Card Index of the Qld Chief Protector of Aborigines from 1933 to 1941, of all Indigenous people who came to his attention for some reason, where they were at the time, and the year. And of course, if anyone was interested and could get to the Queensland Archives, they could find those cards.

My interest in this file is to do with the much larger range of places than would be expected if everybody had been rounded up and herded onto the dozen or so missions. In other words, Indigenous people were everywhere in Queensland, just like they were down here in SA, not in just a handful of places, mainly Missions. As well, the linking of place (country) and names (genealogy) is quite significant.

If you check any surname that you're familiar with, it may well corroborate what you know of where those various families may have been living in 1933-1941, whose descendants may still be living in those areas. Amongst the hundreds of surnames, there was one Pascoe, Jenny, living on Thursday Island in 1936 (does that mean anything significant in your area ?) Maybe Professor Pascoe could trace some link with her, and claim her as a distant cousin. He could gamble that nobody would know otherwise.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 18 January 2020 11:21:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth2,
cheers for that. My interest was aroused when I saw family names that are to this day not of Indigenous blood but claim indigenous heritage because they have been in the area for two or three generations ! Many however, are now of mixed blood & Land Rights & all other benefits for indigenous are demanded.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 18 January 2020 12:22:41 PM
INdividual,

That's interesting, that the CPA included names of people who were not Indigenous ? So fraud has been around for a long time ?

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Saturday, 18 January 2020 12:56:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
fraud has been around for a long time ?
Loudmouth2,
Oh yes, and, almost as long as inaction by those entrusted at great expense to weed out fraud !
I suppose Superannuation etc is far too great an incentive for disincentive !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 19 January 2020 12:08:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy