The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Memo to Scott Morrison > Comments

Memo to Scott Morrison : Comments

By Mark Buckley, published 13/1/2020

We also note that you just had to go on holiday outside Australia. I guess that is because you couldn't find anywhere in Australia that wasn't either on fire.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Bazz, we can't humour, humourless crusty old conservatives, nor can we argue with the geriatric members of the Flat Earth Society on the issue of climate change. You lot are beyond redemption, you have some of the most intelligent posters on the forum in Mr O and Steele plus others, who have tried repeatedly to explain to you old farts about CC, but to no avail! So we shall leave you in the geriatric sandpit for those over 90, and to show our sympathy, we shall leave you there with a good supply of incontinence pads for your comfort, then you can carry on denying climate change to your hearts content with the rest of the forum fruities.

I can't offer you any more than that.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 18 January 2020 9:18:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz, et al. The only solution to reducing emissions to a sustainable level (which is greater than zero) is for the government to build modern nuclear power stations. Those of us oldies who have done the sums realise the futility of this push for ever more solar panels and windmills even with commensurate amounts of storage excluding expensive batteries.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Sunday, 19 January 2020 4:27:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
VK3AUU

You are on the right track but it's not us who need to be replacing coal fired plants with nuclear plants. We are only small players, emitting only about 1.6% of total GH gases.

It's those big emitters of greenhouse gases that need to upgrade and getting them to do so is well within the capacity of Soot 'beam up me Scotty' Morrison.

So come on Soot, step up to the plate you great big CLIMATE CHANGE WARRIOR and start telling those big emitters that you're sick of them turning Australia into the world's number one victim of global warming. Give us one of your Barnaby Joyce moments, declaring:

"I'm sick of those big emitters being in my life! I'm just sick of it I tell you. I just want those big emitters out of my life!"
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 19 January 2020 6:24:41 AM
Paul, your reply was revealing. It says more than you realise.

David, I believe that in the long term some form of nuclear energy is
the only answer. The opposition to nuclear will have to give way as
the dream of solar and wind is unsustainable. It is a pity that the
Pauls of this world cannot see it. Ah well, closed minds I guess.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 19 January 2020 8:19:39 AM
Bazz, folks like you are simply locked into climate change denial. You asked; "Paul, please humour us and tell us how it is to be done." you have been given countless explanations, hundreds of pages on this forum alone, nothing short of the planet Mars crashing into the Earth will satisfy you that CC is happening. So to convince you that human activity is contributing to CC is impossible. Is it because you have shares in coal mines? Are you on a promise from Big Clive? The science is overwhelming, the deniers are now becoming a joke, they are the new 'Flat Earth Society'.

Back in the 50's cigarette companies could find "scientists" that could prove smoking was good for you. Hitler found "scientists" that could prove the Japanese were "aryan". Most likely we could find a "scientists" who could prove a cockroach is an elephant. So what.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 19 January 2020 8:53:34 AM
Paul1405,

Anthropogenic global warming and climate change denialists are part of the milieu.

My research focuses on what scholars and scientists have to say about the environment and this also leads to looking at the denialists' perspective. Why do a handful of people want to reject the things being put forward by scholars and scientists even when it is obvious to billions around the world that Australia is now the number one victim of global warming?

Simple fact is the denialists are people who refuse to accept that their world is changing. They don't want things to change so they invent a world in which things cannot change for one reason or another, irrespective of how irrational those reasons might be. I feel pity for them.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 19 January 2020 9:52:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All