The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When cricket and climate collide > Comments

When cricket and climate collide : Comments

By David Rowe, published 31/12/2019

Cricket is a game played in the open air for long periods, and this cricket season is being overshadowed, sometimes literally, by a long, dangerous fire season.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I can't believe people think like this. Too stupid for words!
Nobody with any sense watches cricket. Check out the grand stands, about three people to the acre. I'd reckon it would be one of the least impacting sports on climate change.
This essay has got to be a set-up. Well it didn't catch me!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 31 December 2019 7:53:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
God help us!

Another humanities make believe academic, who think they are qualified to talk about climate change.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 31 December 2019 9:00:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I couldn't even finish reading this pile of steaming academic crap ! And, such people are paid excessively from OUR Tax Dollars ?
It really is time for change !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 1 January 2020 7:39:11 AM
Yes, when it's too hot to work, then it's too hot for most sport, except perhaps, water sport

. How many times have we seen pictures of marathon runners staggering over finish lines, their lives virtually on the line with brain-damaging heat strokes!?

How many have witnessed tennis players their bodies virtual rivers of sweat as they compete for prize money?

If we need to (must) have, dumbing down sport? Replete with huge levels of dehydrating price gouged alcohol! And the deleted expletive, antisocial inebriated knuckle draggers, who think this is so cool?

So we can avoid introspection on how badly this country is managed/run then it must be played in weatherproof covered stadiums! And with a level of air conditioning and built-in pools! Or at night in floodlit stadiums!

After all, even with 100% climate remediation, the joint is going to hot up even more for so time (50+ years) given the carbon load already in the atmosphere!!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 1 January 2020 9:57:20 AM
I once thought someone needed to be smart to get a phd. How stupid I was. The left have filled the swamp where truth and rationale is totally lacking.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 1 January 2020 12:49:57 PM
There are few certainties in life, but getting abused for engaging with climate change causes and effects is one of them.

Perhaps the serial offenders would like to consult the Forum Rules, which they are politely asked to observe.

But I doubt that they will change their behaviour, because reading and responding to articles as carefully as they are written would spoil the fun of wallowing in their own bile and wilful ignorance.
Posted by DCR, Friday, 3 January 2020 12:06:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy