The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lazy kids or bad planning: why won't Australian kids get off their butts? > Comments

Lazy kids or bad planning: why won't Australian kids get off their butts? : Comments

By Peter West, published 27/11/2019

Research by Brendon Hyndman has found that Australian kids are some of the least physically active in the world. Let's see why this is so.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Did anyone see the report in ABC that there are huge numbers of cheat-centres?
Maybe you're right- a degree isn't worth much these days

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-01/chinese-students-paid-to-ghost-write-for-australia-uni-students/11725330
Posted by Waverley, Monday, 2 December 2019 5:11:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Waverley,

The universities have become clearing centres for mainly Chinese students using their Australian degrees as a ticket towards a permanent residency visa. You don't honestly believe that the Chinese are enrolling in Australian universities for their educational value? You would have to be pretty naive to believe that.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 2 December 2019 8:03:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

You told me you have a BSc (Eng) from Sydney Uni. I'm an alumnus of Sydney and I don't recall it ever awarding a BSc (Eng). To my knowledge it only ever awarded a BE. Would you like to check your testamur to see what it says. Let me guess: You've lost it so you can't check it. Don't worry, Loudmouth has a dozen degrees and he could lend you one of his.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 6:09:53 AM
Misopinionated,

So they had a degree in environmental sociology at the Uni of Sydney back in the day ? Really ?

Why your obsession with bits of paper ? You really sound like you've only just graduated with your one and only bit of paper.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 12:50:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
of course it's well known that many foreigners get a student visa so they can try to wangle PR
-permanent residence here.

Some students mysteriously seem to be buying large expensive properties as well.
Posted by Waverley, Tuesday, 3 December 2019 2:10:15 PM
Loudmouth,

Instead of throwing up red herrings as usual, why don't you do something useful and help Hasbeen find his BSc (Eng) testamur. Or lend him one of your dozen degrees. Just erase the BS (Artist) and type over BSc (Eng).
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 4 December 2019 6:28:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy