The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A generation of parasites > Comments

A generation of parasites : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 21/11/2019

Packer has paid significant taxes in Australia all his life, as have his companies. If entitlement to a pension is a reflection of the gratitude of a nation towards those who have contributed, he is more than entitled.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
did not rent increase quickly last time Labour cut out negative gearing?Personally I brought a unit about 20 years ago. I get 250 a week for it. By the time I pay an agent, water rates and repayments I wonder if it was ever worth. Twice it has been trashed by tenants needing to be repainted, new carpets etc. Probably would of been much better putting money in the bank with much less stress and hassle.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 24 November 2019 2:23:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,
When such changes are made you can not realistically expect instant overall improvement.
Had they continued to cut back NG over time so the market can adjust, all would by now be way better. To make such changes requires a transition period for everything else to fall into place.
Flat tax is the only fair way to go. By all means have a flat tax rate for business & one for wage earners but get rid of NG. A flat rate can't be manipulated !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 November 2019 4:03:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our Vision !
To reduce gun-related incidents, injuries and deaths, so that Australians can live without fear of gun violence.
Paul1405,
You should really ask your dope smoking Drug abusing mates to curb their drug related violence so that Australians can live without fear of gun & other violence !
They're the ones making up 95% of crime !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 November 2019 4:13:39 PM
'A generation of parasites'

reminds me of some other news I read today

http://www.globalresearch.ca/china-bolivia-lithium-deal-no-more/5695530

"A day after Evo Morales left Bolivia, the opposition, led by the self-proclaimed neofascist, racist President, Jeanine Aņez, ransacked and looted the Central Bank of its gold and large amounts of cash reserves. The loot was seen to be transported to the airport to be flown out of the country, presumably to the US. Madame Aņez said she needed the money to buy weapons, of course, from America to keep oppressing and killing the indigenous protesters."

How dare these 'indigenous protesters' not roll over and accept the US puppet government as their rightful rulers?

Tell me a nation that the US brought democracy to and the people were better off and happy and the US left.
Name just one.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 24 November 2019 8:49:56 PM
Packer has paid significant taxes in Australia all his life, as have his companies. If entitlement to a pension is a reflection of the gratitude of a nation towards those who have contributed, he is more than entitled.
David Leyonhjelm has a wharped sense of entitlement, too many years living off the Public's Purse I'd imagine. A
Packer himself said in an interview that "he'd have to mad not to minimise his Tax". He's definitely part of a massive crowd there.
No-one is expected to pay more than the exorbitant rate we pay but to become super wealthy by not paying the same rate as everyone else is well, a parasite !
Posted by individual, Monday, 25 November 2019 7:21:00 PM
Individual

I am no expert on negative gearing and I never been on what is considered a large salary (always under 75k). What I do know is that ng is one way that the average working man or woman has an opportunity to reduce tax, give someone a place at a reasonable price to rent and hopefully later in life not have to be on the public purse. I think you will find many tradies and average workers see ng as a way of freeing themselves of a future reliance on Govt. Again after my experience with people trashing the places they rent I wonder whether I am just providing charity.
Posted by runner, Monday, 25 November 2019 7:44:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy