The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why China had to negotiate with Trump > Comments

Why China had to negotiate with Trump : Comments

By Michael Knox, published 24/10/2019

■ First, China must import large amounts of grain to rebuild its pork production. Secondly, China needs to import capital to finance its current account.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Excellent clear exposure of what's driving all the short-term negotiations. Trump is used to short-term deals, that's why its a win-win for both leaders on the world and their respective domestic stages. The real interesting story is in the "long-games they are both playing and whether in a democracy, the USA can actually gain enough stability to have a long-game strategy.
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 24 October 2019 7:24:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't agree! China doesn't have to negotiate with Trump on anything! All they need do is ask Putin to pull him into line? Or failing that, the Turkish Tyrant, Erdogan? And done with a simple phone call?

And I know you know what I mean!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 24 October 2019 8:00:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan, do you believe that the Martians are coming for us soon?.. and that Trump is in fact a lizard under that generous disguise (see " V" the 1980's sci-fi series for you young ones).

Only joking, Alan! Do have a nice day, it really is a nice time of year to walk the dog(s).
Posted by Alison Jane, Thursday, 24 October 2019 8:51:23 AM
Alan you need "A cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down".
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 24 October 2019 11:03:24 AM
Should we be suspicious then, the Chinese Belt and Road project is a back door method to funnel foreign capital into China, via a diversity of overseas investments?

Or do we stick with the original interpretation, the scheme is to expand the Chinese empire by buying off failing economies, which are ticked off by desperate politicians in these countries, keen to hold onto power by any means available, even if it is selling off the farm to do it?

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 24 October 2019 11:20:49 AM
A.J.
What I recall of the lizard people in V, they, some of them had human emotions and some fell in love with humans. And given a lizard can't get as low as a snake!

I'd suggest they couldn't get as low as the current "Leader" of the free world?

Hasbeen. Thanks for the concerned advice! Appreciate that you care!
You'll have a nice day now, y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 24 October 2019 5:41:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy