The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > My book defending free speech has been pulled > Comments

My book defending free speech has been pulled : Comments

By James Flynn, published 30/9/2019

If the book is sober and responsible, and if Emerald's letter is correct, that poses a question: Does Britain have free speech?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Why are people so shocked at the evidence of the signs of the times?

And I LOLed at Pinkers response. The liberals are being stung left and right by their own stupid.

I cant wait to get my hands on this book. But will I ever? We can all of us, go begging to the gay rights overlords again!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 30 September 2019 8:10:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not surprisingly, the gutless publishers are interested in their reputation and bank balance (fear of legal action) over the truth. The UK is now close to being a police state, and they are frightened. But it is the sort of gutlessness that Emerald has displayed in this case that has brought the UK to the sorry, undemocratic state it now is.

What about self-publishing as an ebook? I would certainly download and read it. That's how I do all my reading these days. It's cheaper, and authors who don't use it are elitist, poncy snobs.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 30 September 2019 8:44:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Clearly, you don't have any rights to put your ideas if the publisher/producer doesn't want them aired! For whatever reason, be it political if covert control!?

And given there is this oversight? One of the few places now available for the public to air their largely unrestricted views, remains to its credit! OLO!

All the information the public get access to has first to go through a filtering process by media officialdom! Some of who would likely be challenged to defend their censorship criteria?

Some of which is clearly predicated on this or that idiotic ideological imperative!?

Gone are the days when one Senator stood and allegedly said, I vehemently disagree with everything you say! But would lay down my life for your right to say it!

Today, big money and their spit lickle sycophant politicians decide what people can be allowed to say, as public comment And the biggest money that talks, is the 3 trillion dollars a year, fossil fuel industry! Followed as a close second by both big nuclear and big pharma?

Publishers are becoming jitty about stuff that vilifies others with ignorant comment or is too far away from the more comfortable, more sane, middle!? In their view.

Today, those with extreme right views need to have their public comment heavily censored in case it does what it did around 1938!?

Even so, the most important voice in the room is the one that disagrees with you! If the servant and the master see eye to eye on everything? Then one of you is clearly redundant!

Political advice by public servants, i.e., must remain fiercely fair and totally objective! Otherwise, the public servants should go with the administration at each election!

And therefore, ensure we are regularly exposed to new fresh ideas and fresh new thinking! Clearly, what's missing in both (business as usual) politics and the world of publishing!?

I mean, just look at how many remakes we are now exposed to as public entertainment, e.g!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 30 September 2019 9:33:16 AM
Hey James Flynn,

You know you're over the target when you're copping flak.
You should consider the banning of your book a medal of honour.

This how they silence people like yourself by ensuring you can't get paid for your work;
And that in turn dissuades you from writing any more 'truth' books.

You're fighting a global agenda.
Now you have to write a new book;
Not about universities, but about book publishers.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 30 September 2019 5:29:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy