The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cattle class > Comments

Cattle class : Comments

By Alexandra Marshall, published 26/7/2019

When I was young and naive I believed that I was Australian.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The 1994 megafire didn't show the blatant indifference of country, it showed the blatant indifference of greens to country. In December 1792, when Aborigines were managing the sandstone country, fires were burning with howling northwesterlies and mid forties temperature. Whitefellas lost 1 hut and a few fences in Sydney and a hut, outbuildings and a stack of wheat at Parramatta. We need mild burning to keep country healthy and safe. Instead we've got dense scrub waiting to explode, then we piss into the wind with fire engines and water bombers.
Posted by Little, Friday, 26 July 2019 9:03:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...and to respect Ms Marshall's opening statement about being 'naive'....just what is an 'Australian'?
Let's hear it from the Jingoes amongst us
Posted by Special Delivery, Friday, 26 July 2019 9:09:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A true tale of yesteryears.

Life has a tendency to leave us alone, sitting in the ashes of the past.

It's a common plight.

Solution there is none, but a stoic resistance to change, often called by its true name, conservatism, fossilises as evidence of futility.

A new religion emerges, currently without a God, and as a consequence, rudderless.

It's name is liberal.

It's nature is infective, insane and greedy to devour you and your prodigy.

With its ammunition technology, it is a formidable enemy of sense and senibilty.

We of the "left behind", are progressively consumed as prey, and rendered excrement to be consumed by the dusts of time, transmuted to silence, in a world of ghosts.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 26 July 2019 9:20:27 AM
To begin with, Alexandra, you can buy juvenile Wollemi pines just by driving up the Bells Line Road from Sydney to Lithgow. Halfway from Windsor to Lithgow, at the top of a very steep mountain (I think it is Mount Victoria), on the left hand side of the road is the entrance to a National Park where Wollemi pines are grown and sold.

"White privilege" is just another excuse that the west hating left uses to explain away why certain ethnicities are always dysfunctional, with high rates of welfare dependence and criminal behaviour. Since the Left's belief in racial equality is absolute, they need an excuse to explain why the minorities they champion can not make it in a white country. Unable to admit that races and ethnicities are not equal because their ideology is centred upon racial equality, they blame white people for their favoured minorities always problematic plight. We are just their scape goats.

Sneering at the white race has grown so much that it is becoming racial hatred. The Left's penchant for blaming white people for minority problems is just as much racist as whites attacking non whites. White people are getting sick and tired of the Left's blaming us in order to suck up to minority electorates. They have gotten good mileage out of it, but the times, they are, a changin'.

White nationalist movements are being created all over the European world and white people are hitting back. My prediction is that Trump will win in a landslide, and One Nation will continue to attract support in Australia until it becomes a mainstream party.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 26 July 2019 10:44:03 AM
Are you a silent ghost Lego?

Your death throws rattle the pages of OLO.

But your enemy is your friend, and their ally your very relations.

With whom do you wage war?

In the real world, the "left" are truely those "left" behind in a changing world.

In a war of fundamentalism, the winner is money.

The losers those without.

Again a different "left" to your enemy without a face.

There are no subscription fees for them, for there is no club, no one publication, no meeting place, and no Bible for their enemy to study the creed, to gain advantage.

For actually, your enemy is yourself.

The conclusion is this; to truly identify the "left" as you berate against them, consider the path once trod with compassion by our forebares.

It was to lift out from the mud and the blood of the battlefield, all who fell there, friend or foe, and to consider all humanity on a similar level plane.

Those are the days long gone Lego. With whom do you war now, and for why?

Conservatism is a battalion of dead ghosts. God is dead. Humanity struggles for air to breath. All on earth save those with money, are doomed to starvation.

The march of the myophic narcissist is neither left nor right, and sadly, as time will tell, eventually doomed to fail.

All Lego, is a striving after wind.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 26 July 2019 3:58:12 PM
Who is Australian? Those born here? Those who've put there lives on the line for it or those with an alleged unbroken 60,000 years of occupation.

Who is an Aborigine? Those who've lived in a traditional manner with undiluted bloodline or those whose ancestry is at least questionable, or those regardless of racial ancestry, only need feel or claim Aboriginality?

Or fools who actually believe management with fire has even a grain of rationality. But cling to it because that's how stone-age ancestors used it to assist hunting. And can't/won't accept that intensive cell grazing also reduces fuel load without the damage created by endless burnings, is far superior!

. Burnings that might have once made sense to folk that didn't till the land nor graze domestic animals.

Yet expect to go to the supermarket. buy milk, bread, breakfast cereal, fish, fowl and meat.

Zimbabwe pioneered a new management paradigm that replaces fire to manage grassland, with cell grazing/utilizing the herding instincts of herbivores, are yarded in the same area for a week or more, where they defecate, urinate, before being moved to a new nighttime yarding area. Resented by a few old hardliners, solely because it's whitey's way?

[Only improvement, would be to add dung beetles?]

The end result? Head high grass where once desertification was advancing as here and garden that double the production of similar but traditionally managed land!

Both errant greens/traditional custodians have been forced to concede, the proof of the pudding has proved them wrong!

On a comparative scale, of flat earth theory, confound by the factual evidence of an oval one!

Most of my ancestors were Celtic, Can be traced back to the second fleet, transported as unwilling migrants, bound down in iron chains/barely alive on arrival.

Another smaller less significant branch, indigenous Tasmanians.

Volunteered for service in two Asian theatres. Did some of the most dangerous jobs developing essential nation-building amenity.

Even so, may have my Australian-ness questioned by folk who claim I'm standing on their ground. TBC.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 26 July 2019 5:18:49 PM
Reply to Alan B re "fools who actually believe management with fire has even a grain of rationality".
Australian Aborigines established the most durable culture the world has ever known using the firestick. Whitefellas stuffed it up. Now we have dying trees, booming scrub, pestilence and megafires. Hundreds of people have died, thousands of homes have burnt to the ground and millions of animals have been incinerated because of academic, bureaucratic and political "rationality". More fool you Alan BS.
Posted by Little, Friday, 26 July 2019 5:38:06 PM
In another thread Belly asks about changes we have witnessed. Well, I have experienced coming to a lucky country with a clever population, alas !
Posted by individual, Friday, 26 July 2019 5:40:21 PM
Thank you for your contribution, Diver Dan.

After reading your post three times, I could not figure out what the hell you were talking about.

Try writing in specifics instead of amorphous implications.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 27 July 2019 4:40:37 AM
We of the "left behind", are progressively consumed as prey, and rendered excrement to be consumed by the dusts of time, transmuted to silence, in a world of ghosts.

diver dan,
True but Self-inflicted ! They were making everything worse for all by trying to get the bigger slice of the cake just for themselves ! Inevitable outcome really.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 27 July 2019 6:38:16 AM
Individual and Lego..

And I thank you for your time, and you thank me for mine...

:-))

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 27 July 2019 8:37:58 AM
"People like me, we are indigenous to nowhere".

Unless you were born overseas, you 'occurred' in Australia; you are a native of Australia; you are just as 'indigenous' to Australia as anyone else, including Australians of aboriginal descent who are now seven generations removed from the continent's original inhabitants.

There are two clearly mis-used words: aborigine and indigenous. Aborigine, wrongly written with a capital 'A' except as the first word of a sentence, is a common noun (common nouns are not capitalised) describing the original inhabitants of ALL and ANY countries. There is nothing particular or special about Australian aborigines who no longer exist; after 230 years, they are dead and gone. And anyone who was born here is indigenous.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 27 July 2019 10:11:02 AM
The continent, Australia was once covered from coast to coast in verdant forest. As attested by the fossil record.

And like forests everywhere acted to recharge rain-bearing clouds when moisture was delivered from monsoonal rains or east or west coast lows.

Lakes that are now little more than permanent salt pans, were once permanent and overflowing freshwater lakes flushed routinely with abundant rainfall.

Most of the arid interior was created by the routine burning of the landscape as an assist in hunting.

Cool fires? Because a fire is not a raging firestorm! Doesn't make it cool. Each endless repeated mosaic burning produces results, baked earth that progressively becomes more and more impervious to rainfall and to the point in Australia, where former recharge mechanism looked after the country. Were burnt out of existence along with almost all the non-fire-tolerant flora and fauna.

And with each burn over thousands of years rare and unreplaceable trace elements were lifted skyward and over the oceans to be forever lost to the landscape.

One doesn't look after a mother by repeatedly burning her, except where such errant belief is brainwashed into the believer, from birth.

And as demonstrated by abusive little, never ever questioned, but defended to the death as good land practise management, when the opposite has been proved!

I know, I'm a heretic for saying what I've said. Nonetheless, this land was basically buggered, long before Whitey settled on it. There's not a black way or a white way, just the right way.

Is desertification reversible? YES IT IS!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 27 July 2019 12:17:47 PM
Aborigines changed vegetation and exterminated megafauna with the firestick, but they didn't create the deserts. Natural climate change did that. They were living and fowling and fishing on the lakes that are now saltpans. It wasn't rainforest. They changed the vegetation on Atherton Tablelands with fire, and rainforest reinvaded most of it tens of thousands of years later, after it got too wet to burn. Blackfellas lived in the deserts for tens of thousands of years where whitefellas couldn't survive.

When whitefellas disrupted Aboriginal burning, nutrients accumulated, eucalypts died and scrub boomed. That's why we have megafires that destroy the environment. Blackfellas didn't need boots, overalls, hardhats, fire engines and waterbombers cos they had commonsense and mildfire.

What entitles you to brand me a fool and then call me abusive?
Posted by Little, Saturday, 27 July 2019 12:49:53 PM
they had common sense and mild fire.
Little,
Cheers for that, I've been advocating for a cold burn behind my place for ages but the dumb crap bureaucrats won't allow it. Anyhow, got the local Fire Chief's ear a couple of weeks ago & they came around & did a cold burn. Really tidied up the scrub & no fuel left for the dry season.
The Chief's an ordinary bloke, no Uni degrees thank God !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 27 July 2019 3:48:23 PM
Thanks individual,
He must be my vintage. Most authorities don't know how to do mild burns anymore. They light lines around perimeters, from bottom of slopes, across wind, instead of spots from top down, into the wind. Hot burns are hazard production burns.
Posted by Little, Saturday, 27 July 2019 4:15:26 PM
I liked this article because I think it asks some really pertinent questions about what makes one a native of this country, or any country really. And also what claims previous civilisations might have on one those that have succeeded them by conquest or settlement.

While I wasn't born here, some of my forebears go back to the early 1800s, and as someone who was brought here by my parents, I don't feel that I owe anything to people who might have been dispossessed. Because that would mean my dispossession, and surely that would be wrong as well.

Most of us don't have somewhere else we could be said to be native to, and the whole concept of someone being native to anywhere brings to mind the eco-fascist views of the Christchurch shooter - that somehow different races belong to different continents.

It's pretty irrational to think that a species that came out of Africa maybe 80,000 years ago, and colonised the world, and even space, belongs anywhere in particular. Just as irrational as to think that certain technologies (like say fire-stick farming) are somehow particular to one group, but not another.
Posted by GrahamY, Sunday, 28 July 2019 1:22:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aborigine, wrongly written with a capital 'A
ttbn,
I always thought an Australian aboriginal was an Aborigine. Aboriginals are original inhabitants of any country/area.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 28 July 2019 1:36:29 PM
re firestick: Europeans lost the technology. When they found the new world, they wiped out most of the people that had the technology, either deliberately or by spreading disease. It was mostly lost before whitefellas settled permanently. Aus is the only place where explorers and pioneers saw it working across the landscape and wrote about it, and some locals still retained it. Our environment is now stuffed by extinctions, pestilence and megafires because greens/ecologists deny it, and have the ear of government
Posted by Little, Sunday, 28 July 2019 1:42:04 PM
Europeans lost the technology
Little,
I can't subscribe to that analogy. They didn't lose it ! Europeans have progressed technologically beyond the requirement of the fire stick. The Australian Aboriginals if left alone would eventually have gone a similar path. It's Nature's way. Nature is always the winner as the majority of modern humans are gradually succumbing to Nature's revenge due to their technology induced apathy.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 28 July 2019 8:18:19 PM
not analogy, fact. I've been to Europe. they cant regenerate oak without raising seedlings to 4 year old and doing intensive site prep
conifers are taking over. just like booming scrub and dying eucalypts here. people, sacred fire, hardwoods and grass rule. technology and junk science gives us scrub, pestilence, megafires and misery
Posted by Little, Sunday, 28 July 2019 8:30:15 PM
Little,
I see what you're getting, I misread you at first. What you're referring to is not technology though, it's sensible practice. It is always the same outcome once a society has reached a point of no longer having to literally fight for survival they become complacent & start going downhill, taking everything around them along.
Posted by individual, Monday, 29 July 2019 6:01:46 AM
My back boundary is a river. Across the river my neighbours 10,000 acre paddock is reverting to garbage scrub. 20 years ago it was a good, moderately wooded grazing paddock. It was ideal for us to train our eventers for cross country. Try galloping across it today, & you & your horse would be cut to pieces by the brambles.

He used to burn bits of it each year, on rotation. 3 years grazing, 1 year no grazing to let the grass build up, & the 5Th year the burn, with a year to recover. The burn got rid of woody weeds, & the saplings, allowing grass to grow.

Then nearby areas were subdivided by some landholders. People like me moved in on our little 20 acre & smaller blocks. Many of these were tree change people who complained about the smoke, & the blackened view. As he got older everything led to less strict rotation of burning.

Now the paddock is so overgrown it would be a major fire to burn it. It's productivity is halved or worse, & becoming useless to man or beast. Even the kangaroos don't go there much. It will burn one day, I hope my other neighbours on their 10 to 20 acre blocks have good fire protection, if not they may go with it.

Some are safe from fire, they live in a near dust bowl, from too many grass eaters on too little land. This year my 20 acres could not have fed more than 3 horses, & that may have been too many. My grazier neighbour never carried more than one cow, [& half a dozen kangaroos], to 15 acres, when the place was at it's best.

Unfortunately I see a lot of once productive country reverting to useless scrub, as the old hard working farmers age & die out. The advent of tree change movement is not good for this country, as most of the newcomers don't realise its limitations.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 29 July 2019 10:54:26 AM
Hasbeen, it's happening in National Parks, State Forests and Private Lands across Australia. See Firestick Ecology: fairdinkum science in plain English
Posted by Little, Monday, 29 July 2019 11:53:52 AM
it's happening in National Parks, State Forests and Private Lands across Australia.
Little,
I give you one guess who is at fault !
Posted by individual, Monday, 29 July 2019 7:37:20 PM
"People like me, we are indigenous to nowhere. Culturally stateless. Cattle-class in the eyes of our government who have no interest in our stories."

I think Alexandra Marshall has touched on an important point here.

The official line presently goes something like this: all those living in Australia at the moment are either Indigenous Australians - or "First Nations Peoples" to use an imported Canadian term - or otherwise belong to diverse, multicultural Australia. In other words, you're either indigenous in the very narrow racial sense of the word or you're a recent migrant with an identity rooted in another land.

This implies that if you're not Aboriginal and don't identify with recent immigration from all over the world as a key aspect of your identity, then you don't really exist. It suggests that European Australians whose ancestors have been here for generations have no more of a connection to this country than someone who recently arrived from, say, India or China.

Despite forming the majority of the population (at least for now), Anglo-Celtic Australians are not recognised or afforded any status as a group in our society. Their heritage and stories are never promoted. In the eyes of officialdom, the media and academia, they are a non-people.
Posted by FrankU, Saturday, 3 August 2019 1:32:20 PM
Sorry, the above sentence should read: "The official line presently goes something like this: all those living in Australia at the moment are either Indigenous Australians - or "First Nations Peoples" to use an imported Canadian term - or otherwise belong to diverse, multicultural, migrant Australia."
Posted by FrankU, Saturday, 3 August 2019 1:35:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy