The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Donald Trump, the Democrat Squad and failed impeachment > Comments

Donald Trump, the Democrat Squad and failed impeachment : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 19/7/2019

The show delighted commentators dazzled by the fireworks. It was seen as historic, because it was the first time in over a century a President had received such a vote of disapproval.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Trump is playing 3D chess while our vaunted author and the rest of the TDS brigade are still trying to work out checkers.

The so-called Squad are spectacularly unpopular in the US electorate. As such Pelosi and the rest of the vaguely sane Democrat leadership were trying to disassociate the party from the 4 lunatics and close them down. That's why they started calling Pelosi racist.

And it looked like Pelosi might have succeeded.

Then along comes Trump with his tweets and suddenly Pelosi is forced to defend the squad rather than disempower them. Suddenly the policies of the squad along with their antisemitism becomes the face of the Democratic party.

Trump played them totally. And even now they and their cheer-squad such as our author don't know what happened. Its fun to watch.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 20 July 2019 10:26:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My views on the Trump phenomenon are a matter of record.
I like the guy, not because he is some smart arse Rhodes scholar, nor because he is a Builderburg puppet.
It's because he is not any of those things, that I like him.
If any of you self righteous lot have bothered to engage with other 'normal' people, at work, down the pub, or just with others in general, you won't be shocked to realise that Trump is 'normal' just like most of the guys you associate with daily.
I agree with Plantagenet, who has summed him up pretty well.
I'll bet most of you didn't know that the white house has been packed with stooges or puppets of the Builderberg group, for decades.
What did you think Trump meant when he was going to 'drain the swamp'.
If any of you followed it like I did, you would know by now what a vial and evil mob the Rothschilds are, along with their running mates, the 'elite' aka the Builderberg group, the 'king makers' (Presidents).
So it is that I like Trump for being a 'normal' bloke, warts and all.
Long live King Trump.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 20 July 2019 12:05:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Personally I think Trump knows he needs a Saviour in contrast to all the virtue signallers who poop on the country that has given them such a privileged life. One wonders if the Democrats could finding any worse candidates.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 20 July 2019 5:51:09 PM
My side? I am on the Australian side! So Australia is going to lose eh, Dan?

My inference and campaign advice would show so many similarities to disturb those who still own their own still functional mind!

If the obvious similarities strike home!? I am not to blame for that!

Moreover, as the historical record shows, the man with the toothbrush tache ( run with the hare, hunt with the hound) struck up a treaty with Stalin at the start of WW11!

So much for his moral convictions etc. As for the average german starving in the streets. A worldwide phenomenon with soup kitchens and job queues miles long everywhere! A manageable recession turned into the Great Depression, by asinine isolationism and downright dimwitted conservative group think!

The historical record shows the man wit the toothbrush tache clearly took power without a popular election but by dint of betrayal and deceit!

Pete has called a spade a shovel, but I find I have to agree with his completely correct and as usual, well-researched analysis!

As for impeachment? A counter-effective strategy at this time. And better he faces criminal proceedings for tax evasion for starters!? But only once out of and not protected by, the robes of office!

Until then the campaign against him should include the above recommendation and available thanks to the extreme right-wing nut jobs, who clearly think he's the living reincarnation of the dictator, Mr Hitler!?

Or get all stirred up and war-fighting mad, Dan. At the all too obvious and harmful comparisons, those who support him have, by their own actions, created!

I rest my case
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 21 July 2019 11:46:33 AM
Well Reasoned Mhaze and I totally agree. I think that Trump figured out that making US hating, race baiting, "four" the new face of the Democrats, he would trump the Dems in the next election.

My information sources indicate that just like Labor in Australia, the Democrats are imploding. The five democrat demographics either abandoning the Dems for Trump, or Republicans reconsidering their support for established Republicans are.

1. The Jews, who were very disproportionately represented as Democrat voters, are walking away from the Dems because of the increasing anti Semitism of the Dems, as evidenced by "the squad of four."
2. Ordinary working class Democratic supporters who are incensed at the increasing anti American rhetoric and race baiting of the Democrats.
3. African/Americans who see the open borders policies of the democrats as inimitable to their interests. More dysfunctional minorities means a dilution of their welfare handouts.
4. The significant numbers of non voters who could not be bothered voting for either the Democrats or the Republicans, because they felt like neither party was in any way concerned about their interests. Trump triumphed in spite of official opposition from the leaders of the Republican Party, and that fact is important to the people who do not usually vote. It makes Trump an outsider from the system, as they consider themselves to be.
5. Those within the Republican Party who refused to support Trump because they thought he was a joke with no chance of getting elected at all. These people now know that Trump is very popular and is being seen as doing a very good job
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 22 July 2019 10:56:11 AM
Hi LEGO,
"3. African/Americans who see the open borders policies of the democrats as inimitable to their interests. More dysfunctional minorities means a dilution of their welfare handouts. "

I suspect we will see many more African Americans as well as working white and Latino Americans waking up to the disaster of mass illegal immigration. But not because of dilution of welfare. The real thing that affects them is competition for working class jobs. 11 million illegal workers competing for jobs keeps wages low. Not only that but they move into the poorest communities competing for services, bring crime and gangs and displace the original inhabitants. Once the Black community eventually wake up to this they will switch to Trump and back the wall.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Monday, 22 July 2019 12:33:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy