The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What's Queensland got to lose, except perhaps Adani? > Comments

What's Queensland got to lose, except perhaps Adani? : Comments

By Graham Young, published 13/5/2019

The LNP thinks it will hold most seats in Queensland but that confidence could yet be as misplaced as it was during the Super Saturday by-elections.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Agree with most of this Graham except that Dutton in the seat of Dickson may struggle to retain his razor-thin margin?

What has happened, I believe, is the base has stayed mostly in the middle and when presented with today's coalition have said? I don't recognise this creature as anything resembling the liberal party of Robert Menzies, And so far to the right as to be unrecognisable as a liberal party of fiscally conservative, and socially progressive, small L liberal members/government!?

All that seems to be missing is the Jack Boots the heel clicks, straight arm salutes and the armbands!?

As for Adani? It's really no real loss as there are other things we can do with our coal/heritage besides almost giving it away to an entity with Adani's unenviable reputation?

What would be wrong with a government-sponsored and facilitated northern co-op using that coal to create gas we can export to the gas strapped southern states? Creates more permanent better-paid jobs and permanent ones into the bargain. Keeps all the profits and taxes in the state to do seven times the economic work of the Adani concept!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 13 May 2019 11:33:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham, Am expecting you to tell me you've included Dickson in the marginal seat category. And a given.

My take is more decisive and I don't expect this hard right nominee to survive this time around. For a number of reasons, the first being in a Labor-led government would see him facing a high court determination as to his eligibility?

The second was his (would be king) backstabbing role in getting rid of Malcolm.

The third his highly public role in the SSM debate where he seems have strongly supported the No case and against some 67% of the wishes of the voting public?

Which strangely seems to have been strongest in some of the so-called safe liberal or conservative seats?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 13 May 2019 12:05:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Dear Graham,

My family has been living in the bush on the Darling Downs for five generations and we have always voted for the Country Party in support of the farmers.

However, I am not at all happy with the coal and seam gas development that has been going on there for several years now. It has ripped up the land and become an eyesore for miles around. The big coal and gas companies have come in and taken over, destroying the environment and transforming the food bowl into a waste dump.

I am not sure how I am going to vote this time. I am not enthusiastic about either of the two main contenders for national government.

It’s a real problem.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Monday, 13 May 2019 9:38:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy