The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Equality, missing link in globalisation > Comments

Equality, missing link in globalisation : Comments

By Zegang Ren, published 26/3/2019

The road map for China's reform designed by the Chinese government does not include the element of establishing Western-style democracy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Australian headline seekers worry about China, Trump etc whilst their own country is sliding towards the cliff.
Whatever the greater picture is in the World, Australia can only either follow or go its own way, it can't change the World scene.
So, I suggest Australians focus on re-introducing some common sense , logic & decency & let the rest of the World watch.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 28 March 2019 8:21:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Democracy sux; or maybe I should put that differently:
What we know as 'democracy' is flawed and has the seeds of it's own destruction built in.
What vehicle do you think brought mass immigration, the threat of terrorism, polarisation of society and the fire sale of our sovereignty to UN global authority?

This wouldn't happen in a million years under some bastard dictator.

The grass probably is greener on the other side (from where you're standing)
- But don't go thinking it's all roses...

Look at the Pro's and Con's and look at the bigger picture.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 March 2019 10:10:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What we know as 'democracy' is flawed and has the seeds of it's own destruction built in.
Armchair Critic,
I have said many times that Democracy is the worst kind of Dictatorship ! Why ? Because it allows the minority groups to control/overrule the majority. That is not Democracy !
Just look at Australia, we get an LNP Govt yet the smaller groups constantly block & even sabotage policies made my a majority !!
Peter principle bureaucrats are purposely perpetuating the Peter principle which is simply a safety net for useless Public servants milking the system at everyone else's expense.
One Coalition federal member once told me that their main work consists of sorting out their constituents' queries & mess caused by incompetent & uncaring bureaucrats.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 30 March 2019 2:38:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy