The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The $32 trillion push to disrupt the entire oil industry > Comments

The $32 trillion push to disrupt the entire oil industry : Comments

By Cyril Widdershoven, published 1/3/2019

Increased shareholder activism, combined with global warming policies of institutional investors and NGOs, are pushing IOCs in a corner, constricting financing options for oil companies.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
How many gas guzzlers can drive from Melbourne to Darwin and return without once visiting a bowser!? But on the table for all-electric vehicles thanks to possibilities like the graphene highway. That utilises magnetic induction in the tar top courtesy of the extraordinary properties of graphene, to recharge your vehicle as it travels over the recharge lane.

This is the future and equally applicable to very fast trains, trams and busways. And operate like an autonomous toll road for the purpose of paying for the recharges.

Quite literally forced to the fore by the predatory price gouging practices of international oil cartels, ethical shareholders and corporate due diligence.

Surprisingly, not yet applicable to MSR thorium. But coming due to ordinary folk being informed via social media, and the incontrovertible facts

Breakthroughs don't stop there and ordinary folk are tired of being constantly lied to, by cartel complicit conflicted politicians, who know how to work the mob.

Or if you will, the mugs out there in mugsville. A search of the register is quite revealing as to which pollie or their "FAMILY TRUST" owns shares in what?

And arguably the very reason we now no longer have a car industry to protect nor refine our oil onshore? Undeniably, requires extreme duplicity and or extraordinary dumbness to achieve or ALLOW!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 1 March 2019 10:23:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B,
That sounds like the way to go. Any waterproof ones for boats ? :-)
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 10:37:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

Kudos...but I'm sending you the bill to clean my PC after I sprayed coffee all over it.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 1 March 2019 10:59:11 AM
Individual: HAHAHA Vey funny.

Talking about boats, three longtime friends were out feeding the fish one Sunday morning. And very early. They were an Anglican minister a Catholic Preist and a Rabbi.

Anyhow, come 6 am and the Priest rose to his feet, said excuse me, got early morning mass. Stepped off the boat, strode purposefully to the shore and went off to do his thing. A little over an hour later, strode back to the boat and resumed feeding the fish.

Upon which the Minister arose said pardon me, I also have a service to perform and before the now wide-eyed Rabbi, stepped out of the boat and walked to the shoreline. And a little over an hour later returned and took up his place in the boat to also resume feeding the fish.

Anyhow, this was just too much for the Rabbi, who said, if you pair of bar stewards can do it, so can I. Stepped off the side of the boat and promptly sank like a stone.

As he was bobbing up for the third time. Father Bill turned to his other lifelong friend Pastor Fred and said, Fred, doncha reckon we ought to tell him, the sandbar is on the other side of the boat?

The Graphene highway is being touted by a financial publication. And seriously considering getting into some of the shares of a little startup, Aussie mining company.

Seriously! We have arguably the purest deposit of commercial graphene right here and just inland from Sydney! Graphene is the strongest material in the world and a superconductor, able to be spread as an atom thick film!
Cheers, Alan
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 1 March 2019 12:23:15 PM
.but I'm sending you the bill to clean my PC after I sprayed coffee all over it.
mhaze,
sorry to disappoint you, I beat you to it about two months ago. The manual doesn't say anywhere that laptops don't like coffee white with one.
Posted by individual, Friday, 1 March 2019 2:15:17 PM
Nor a tall black or green tea.

Levity aside, you think we here in the west would have tumbled to the fact that oil has indisputably been weaponized. To harm us and our defence readiness?

Moreover, clearly funds terrorism and some of the worst atrocities imaginable. And begs the question, why are we still buying the overrated overvalued crap? When so many other choices for conventional vehicles beckon.

The easiest of which is the extraction of gas from coal and using that here as CNG.

Bet your house, there's many a cash strapped farmer now wishing they'd signed a deal with some of the miners, always providing the gas could be reserved for domestic use forever. And accompanied on farm by a deionisation dialysis desal plant.

So any saline water that comes up can be treated and used in fodder sheds and such to keep animals alive. Without having to pay an arm and a leg nor mortgage the farm with unrepayable debt.

Then there are oil-rich algae. Which only uses 2% of traditional irrigation and more than happy to thrive on recycled water alone! We know how well algae thrive here but especially when the rivers slow to a trickle. Some algae are up to 60% oil and there are two types which produce, ready to use as is, diesel and jet fuel.

Child's play to extract by first filtering out some of the product, sun drying it and then crushing the oil out. With ex-crush sent to biodigesters where bacteria can convert the remaining biomass to methane gas, that can then be passed through a simple catalytic conversion process to convert it to methanol an excellent substitute for petrol.

Imagine if the entire basin was converted to the production of these biofuels and reliant only on wasted recycled water? They'd all go from economic strength to strength and the cleaned water could be returned to the basin/environment, after treatment through activated carbon.

Remember well, algae as a planned broad scale cash crop, only require 2% of the water of traditional irrigation!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 2 March 2019 10:13:36 AM
Footnote:
Apart from using just 2% of traditional irrigation, farmed algae also double their bodyweight and oil content every 24 hours, under optimised conditions. Which are. Long clear plastic pipes and a diet of nutrient-rich recycled water.

Moreover, the water isn't so much consumed as partially drained of the nutrient load. Which is then passed through rotary filters to separate out the harvestable algae and return the water to the system, via activated carbon filters.

The system can easily be, endangered wetlands or new manmade ones. Where mop crops like clumping bamboo turn out a biannual harvest every two years and replace timber in building products etc.

And or industrial hemp.

Papyrus reeds for very fine parchment paper and so on.

Or any other normal fruit or nut crop that can be irrigated via underground tapes and underglass intensive agriculture, so the pristine evaporate can be added to town water.

All of which would hit the bank balances of the powerful water barons and their political lickspittle puppets!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 3 March 2019 9:46:32 AM
Further footnote:
If it was considered desirable to lift the pristine evaporate to great heights. So it could turn a turbine or two as it is returned to town water.

Then long clear plastic or glass pipes laid upward on northern slopes will do just that as the water vapour rises as do clouds and via the same principle. And then feed into shaded radiators where the cool breezes condense it back to water.

Yes I know, that's a lot of investment in infrastructure. But none on pumps or energy. And can be collected in purpose-built reservoirs then sent down through turbines, when peak load demands it?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 3 March 2019 10:05:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy