The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump wins even if he loses Supreme Court battle > Comments

Trump wins even if he loses Supreme Court battle : Comments

By David Singer, published 22/2/2019

President Trump's proclamation of a National Emergency on the Southern Border ensures the consequences of the illegal entry of drugs, criminals and foreigners through that porous border will now be owned by the Congress.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
If you say so, David. And we know from past experience, you are never ever wrong and in good company with all the other "winners".
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 22 February 2019 11:28:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its a source of constant amazement that the Democrats think opposing the wall is a winning strategy. Partially its seems that they think if they can prevent Trump from fulfilling a core promise then his supporters will punish him by voting him out. But that doesn't make much sense. If he strives to build it but is thwarted by them, then clearly his supporters who want a wall will just try harder in 2020 to elect more pro-wall candidates.

I think its also true that Democrats increasingly live in a coastal bubble where most people oppose te wall and they assume that New York and California represents the whole country. But polls have shown that the wall, or at least measures to stop the illegals, is popular.

The author is correct that henceforth every adverse event involving an illegal will be pinned on Pelosi et al.

Trump wins. Trump always wins. But I don't think his supporters are tired of winning yet.

"If you say so, David." Translation: I don't want this to be true but I can't work out why its not.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 23 February 2019 4:14:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear mhaze,

Get your hand of it mate. Show me where your idol has scored a single major win of any description. He has certainly lost more than a few and his campaign staff and others are being marched off to court at a dizzying rate.

The bloke is a grade A tosser. He couldn't get his 'wall' through when the Republicans had control of both houses now he and you are blaming the Democrats? Losers!

Now Trump could have pursued the 'wall' through the proper channels, putting it up for proper debate and oversight just like Obama had to do with the Affordable Care Act.

But no, that would have taken too much work for the lazy, overweight clown. Instead he tried to ram it through by attaching to to the budget and shutting down the government to get his way.

He is a spoilt child and you think the sun shines out of his arse. More fool you.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 24 February 2019 10:45:15 AM
Hey SteeleRedux,

"He is a spoilt child"
- Hate to say it but right now you're acting in a similar manner.

http://www.bing.com/search?pc=COSP&ptag=D052518-A915F698E57&conlogo=CT3335818&q=remove+trump+by+any+means+necessary

'By Any Means Necessary' means they have no respect for democracy anyway.
They're not going to willingly let him achieve anything, even if that stance is detrimental to the country.

It's not 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' anymore.
Some people have now developed 'Hate-Trump Psychosis'

Which seems like the way you're acting because you know Trump IS building the wall, and Mexico is paying for it with the cost of refugees now stuck at the border.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 24 February 2019 11:40:56 AM
Dear AC,

You write,

“Which seems like the way you're acting because you know Trump IS building the wall, and Mexico is paying for it with the cost of refugees now stuck at the border.”

God strewth, did you really just put that up as an argument? Mexico is paying for the wall because they have refugees to deal with? This is what Trump had in mind when he said it would pay for it? Now that is just too loopy even for you.

Listen mate, I really don't have an issue with the US 'securing its borders' so to speak. I'm not sure the wall is the most efficient means of doing so but that is their lookout. But for Trump went whining and pleading like a spoilt little child to the Mexican president saying to him and I quote; “I have to have Mexico pay for the wall – I have to” … “They are going to say, ‘Who is going to pay for the wall, Mr. President?’ to both of us, and we should both say, ‘We will work it out,’” Trump says. “It will work out in the formula somehow. As opposed to you saying, ‘We will not pay’ and me saying, ‘We will not pay.’”

This bloke is so full of hot air but you once again are making up scenarios to defend him and you have crossed the line into cultism.

You need to stop.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 24 February 2019 12:19:17 PM
SR,

Nowhere did I blame the Democrats for the failure to build the wall. That 'honour' goes to Paul Ryan. What I did say was that, in opposing the wall the Democrats have created the circumstances where Trump will blame them for every crime perpetrated by an illegal. That they think opposing something that is very popular outside their coastal enclaves says a lot about how they disdain ordinary USians.

I've said before that if you start off thinking Trump is a dunce then everything you see with be passed through that prism. You've asked for examples of Trump wins but I know that you'll dismiss his wins as not wins, or not desirable or due to others. But here's a few to go on with:

Erased something like 20000 business killing regulations
Pull out of Paris agreement
Pull out of TPP
Renegotiated Nafta to the US advantage.
Virtually destroyed ISIS - remember how the previous guy said it'd take a generation.
Gutted the Obamacare mandate thus gutting Obamacare
The economy
The stock market
Record black and latino employment
US now the biggest fossil fuel producer in the world
Putting Iran back in its box
Closer to peace in Korea than any president in the last 70 years
Putting a leash on China
Getting the Europeans to pull their weight in NATO.

etc etc etc

"just like Obama had to do with the Affordable Care Act."

oh you mean lie and obfuscate to get it past and then bully the Supreme Court into performing gymnastic to treat it as a tax?

Maybe you're right. Trump slogan..."if you like your illegal you can keep your illegal" or "we have to build the wall to see what's in the wall"
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 24 February 2019 1:45:40 PM
Steely, "The bloke is a grade A tosser".

It has never been more right to say, it takes one to know one.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 24 February 2019 5:37:02 PM
'This bloke is so full of hot air but you once again are making up scenarios to defend him and you have crossed the line into cultism.'

one wonders if this was so true why so many of the pussy head Marxist have to continue to push fake news, fake crime, fake accusation and fake collusion. Still can't lay a glove. You are pathetic Steelie.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 24 February 2019 7:29:51 PM
Dear Mhaze.

Add "Stopping that bastard Assad from dropping poisoned gas on civilians."

The ever rising flood of third world people into western countries has now reached the point where entire white populations are beginning to wake up that if they don't do something right now, their own advanced societies are going to become third world countries themselves.

But there is a problem, and that is that left wing political parties have seized upon third world immigrants as their newest and fastest growing electorate. It does not matter to these elites if they are destroying their own civilisation, because they are confident that their own wealth and power will shield them from the negative consequences of their own suicidal decisions. And ethnic leaders have seized upon the opportunity to play the protectors of their particular ethnicities for their own self aggrandisement.

They are aided in the destruction of western civilisation by their own educated youth who have been conditioned (brainwashed) by media such as Australia's ABC (Australian Brainwashing Corporation) into thinking that presumably smart, young educated people like Steelredux and Alan B. always sneer at their own white civilisation, because they have been conditioned to think it is the "smart" thing to do.

We live not only in an age of identity politics, where racial division and racial hatred is now being stoked by the left for it's political gain. But also the age of virtue signalling by Steelredux and Alan B. clones who put their own personnel identities as pillars of multicultural virtue ahead of the very white civilisation they have been taught to despise, but prefer to live in.

The white pushback is a heartening sign that western civilisation may survive yet. Especially so since even the blacks and homosexuals in the USA are beginning to figure out that tolerating the never ending flow of South Americans into the USA will destroy their own neighbourhoods. Forty years ago, California had 3 million Hispanics. The total is now something like 15 million, and once notorious black suburbs like Compton which were almost entirely back, and now almost entirely Hispanic.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 25 February 2019 5:05:15 AM
He has certainly lost more than a few and his campaign staff
Steele Redux,
Would you tolerate vermin in your home at great expense ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 25 February 2019 7:30:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy