The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Intolerant intolerance > Comments

Intolerant intolerance : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 21/2/2019

Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
"I am tolerant of everything except intolerance" is indeed an ancient paradox. I'm not sure this article has made any progress on this difficult matter. People will continue to apply the ideal of tolerance in any way they see fit, usually to support some pet opinion. Wintour did just that when she said "Intolerance has no place in tennis". As there is no evidence that Margaret Court displayed any intolerance in her tennis, Wintour was transferring Court's views in another field to her tennis career. That's what people do today - and I can't tolerate it. Anyway, the proper target of the charge of intolerance in this case should be those who named the arena, not Court herself. Wintour's logic is seriously twisted.
Posted by TomBie, Thursday, 21 February 2019 10:39:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Far too much spacious space in this (homophobic) article to be taken seriously as the work of an "open-minded" scholar! And as a scholarly text, about as convincing as an argument for a flat earth in the centre of a universe that revolves around it!

What needs to be prohibited are articles of faith-based belief that tells, nay demands that we believe round is square, up is down and black is white!

Pull your head out of the sand genius and stop trying to persecute a minority for their God-given gender bias!?

Margeret Court may well have been a champion tennis player and yesterdays hero. But to put it politely, an intolerant behemoth, who would have been better served if she kept her abysmally ignorant views on sexuality to herself!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 21 February 2019 11:57:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poor Margaret Court, lately the victim of the worst Left wing intolerance going around. What is it with the authoritarian intolerance of the Left?
Posted by calwest, Thursday, 21 February 2019 12:11:21 PM
TomBie,

<<I'm not sure this article has made any progress on this difficult matter. People will continue to apply the ideal of tolerance in any way they see fit>>

Nevertheless, those who practise intolerance towards another's alleged intolerance need to be challenged on what they do.

It's the rational course of action to show how alleged tolerance, e.g. Wintour's statements, are exactly the opposite. She practised intolerance toward's Court's and Morrison's views.

Please join me in exposing the hypocrisy of tolerance in the name of intolerance.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 21 February 2019 12:17:42 PM
Alan B,

<<Margeret (sic) Court may well have been a champion tennis player and yesterdays hero. But to put it politely, an intolerant behemoth...>>

You have proved my point exactly from the article.

You are an intolerant anti-Christian faith promoter who wants to think you're tolerant as an 'open minded' person. However, you are as intolerant as the the people whom you espouse as being intolerant.

You promote an irrational, reflexive intolerance.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 21 February 2019 12:28:12 PM
Its not wrong to be intolerable of the intolerable. Personally I would prefer to be called a bigot, a homophobe, a racist or any other title the Christophobes throw up when confronted with plain truth. The Christophobes are so brainwashed they don't even know that murderering unborn babies is abhorrent.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 21 February 2019 1:10:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy