The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is telling the truth in the public interest? > Comments

Is telling the truth in the public interest? : Comments

By James Page, published 18/12/2018

The description of this mind-independent reality is what we sometimes call truth. Thus we can know truth and speak the truth.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Come on Foxy.

They got rid of Turnbull. He was not only the plug keeping the muck in the swamp, but was most of the slimy gunk filling the thing.

Pity they chose the wrong bloke to replace him, so the drain is only half open.

I think you are right about the next election. The really bad thing is that by then Shorten will owe so many favours to so many people, he will send us broke paying then off with our money, & in any major city we will be playing that "Count the Ozzies" game to try to find someone who speaks English.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 22 December 2018 12:56:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

Well I'm looking forward to the New Year with Hope
and Goodwill. I'm glad that I don't live in the US.
Australia is still one of the best places to live.
We should count our blessings.

Have a Great Christmas and hopefully a much Better
New Year!

Take care.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 22 December 2018 3:18:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen, there she goes again.
'Let's look at the future with optimism and trust that they get it right at the next election'.
What a dreamer, what fanciful rhetoric, not an ounce of realism and maturity, in any of Foxy's aspirations and comments.
What she is doing is living in a dream world, and I like what she says, BUT, in the real world, it is NOTHING like she says.
What is the definition of madness; 'Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome'.
'And trust that the voters will get it right at the next election'.
Why?
What's changed?
They're still the same scum with the same mantra and bad habits, so I'll say it again.
What's changed?
If we had a more realistic, mature and aware public, we would see 'actual' resistance to these pricks, even to the point where some would take up arms and actively engage in causing real and physical harm to the mongrels, with a message, to stop stealing from us to feather their own (and their mates) nest, at our expense, and to top it off they pass laws and make decisions which cost us more so they can reap the financial benefits, (again at our expense).
No the olde' guard can go and get stuffed as far as I am concerned and it should be the same for every Australian, because we are being had again and again, nothing has or will change, without a 'real' attack of some description, forcing them to come back to doing what they were elected to do.
As of late elections, I have chosen to go with independents.
Predominantly those with little or no platform.
Party lines should be abolished and issues should be dealt with on merit and not treated as a wish or shopping list.
Also another scourge has to be destroyed, 'preferences', a bloody stupid idea.
It might work for the pollies, it doesn't work for us (the public),
Gotta go, end of.
I live for the day when there are NO parties, just a bunch of men debating issues.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 22 December 2018 3:49:18 PM
ALTRAV,

Every accomplishment begins with the decision
to try.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 22 December 2018 4:52:17 PM
Truth....at what cost?
Posted by Special Delivery, Saturday, 22 December 2018 6:56:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy