The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The warning we are ignoring > Comments

The warning we are ignoring : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 9/11/2018

Gross domestic product (GDP), the measure of economic activity, for instance, will actually increase as the climate gets worse.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
ALTRAV,
I suggest you direct your criticism to someone else. My reply to Hasbeen related to energy use, not commercial viability. The person who thought recycling everything was an energy problem was Alan B.; I explained why it wasn't.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 12 November 2018 12:43:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan, sorry, I appologise unreservedly.
To Alan, I am not against the idea of recycling.
I am against the idea of recycling, at any cost.
This is a fools reasoning.
Humans do not take kindly to being told they have to spend money to fix anything.
They have become used to a particular routine and don't change, even when it is for a good cause/reason.
It's like the electric cars.
I reject them because they cost more than 5 times the equivalent of their petrol or fossil fueled cousins.
They travel less than their fossil fueled cousins and take forever to recharge.
There's more but it'll do for now.
So you can see that until the cost of purchase and running such cars comes down it is not a good idea.
And so it is with recycling.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 12 November 2018 2:11:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No Altrav, electric cars are more like twice the price of the IC equivalent.
Even at that they are too expensive. They are about $20,000 dearer
here than the same car overseas.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 12 November 2018 8:40:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But don't you fools realise that electric cars have be more economical than conventional cars, because the fairies come out at night and pedal their hamster-wheels flat-out, in order to make virtuous, carbon-free energy ? That electric cars are innocent of any accusation that their electricity is generated from coal or oil or gas ? That whoever owns an electric car is, by definition, virtuous ?

Maybe I had that wrong. Maybe electric cars are powered exclusively by renewable energy sources ? Which, in turn, have been produced using only renewable energy ?

Twenty thousand extra ? Serves those goat-cheese wnakers right.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 14 November 2018 3:59:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy