The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump rejects UN and UNESCO’s fictitious Palestinian state > Comments

Trump rejects UN and UNESCO’s fictitious Palestinian state : Comments

By David Singer, published 18/10/2018

President Trump's National Security Adviser - John Bolton - has exposed the fiction that there is a legally-constituted 'State of Palestine'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
//How on earth is exposing the depravity of an Israeli border guard jew bashing?//

It's a good question, Dave... none of the articles on this story I've read thus far have mentioned the woman's religion. You're not psychic, and it's unreasonable to assume all Israelis are Jewish since only about three quarters of them are, according to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel#Religion

So how can you be so certain she's Jewish?

For all we know, SteeleRedux was actually Muslim 'bashing', which I assume you're fine with. If you can really call drawing attention to immoral, criminal behaviour 'bashing', that is. Personally, I think that's drawing a pretty long bow.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 20 October 2018 5:09:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
These people will not find peace until one side has been annihilated. Then, the remaining will fight each other.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 20 October 2018 5:28:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#nicknamenick

Thank you for answering my questions so promptly.

Two more questions to answer as a result of your responses:

1. Is the "State of Palestine" you have identified identical with "the State of Palestine" referred to in UN General Assembly Resolution A/73/L.5 passed on 11 October that will become Chair of the Group of 77+China in 2019 with the following rights and privileges:
(a) The right to make statements on behalf of the Group of 77 and China,including among representatives of major groups;
(b) The right to submit proposals and amendments and introduce them on behalf of the Group of 77 and China;
(c) The right to co-sponsor proposals and amendments;
(d) The right to make explanations of vote on behalf of the States Members of the United Nations that are members of the Group of 77 and China;
(e) The right of reply regarding positions of the Group of 77 and China;
(f) The right to raise procedural motions, including points of order and requests to put proposals to the vote, on behalf of the Group of 77 and China.

2. Will Benjamin Netanyahu and Readymix Industries Israel be appointing the person to Chair the Group of 77 +China to act in accordance with the powers conferred on the State of Palestine by the above resolution?

To ##Alan B, #ateday #plantaganet, #Emperor Julian, #SteeleRedux,#mox:

Do you agree with #nicknamenick's answers?

If not please answer these two questions which you have studiously avoided so far:

1."Is Palestine a State". Please answer "Yes" or "NO"

2. If the answer to question 1 is "Yes":
(i) what are the boundaries of that State?
(ii) who is the head of that State?
(iii) who heads the Government of that State?
Posted by david singer, Saturday, 20 October 2018 7:33:02 AM
Dear David ( peace be upon him)
Yes .
Yes.

To ##Alan B, #ateday #plantaganet, #Emperor Julian, #SteeleRedux,#mox:
Yes if David says so.
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 20 October 2018 7:41:43 AM
#plantaganet

You state:
"It is not your Jewishness that concerns but your legalistic attitude to life that seems to smother human empathy."

My legalistic attitude does not smother my human empathy to see a peaceful end to a conflict which has now raged unresolved for 100 years and caused untold suffering to both Jews and Arabs during that period.

The conflict needs to be ended peacefully by negotiation and not by further conflict.

For the last 40 years I have been proposing that this conflict can possibly be resolved by direct negotiations between Israel and Jordan - the two successor States to the 1922 League of Nations Mandate for Palestine - currently exercising sovereignty in 95% of the territory comprised in the Mandate

Yes - I have failed in seeing this proposed solution being attempted - but that does not deter me from continuing to prosecute that case. My failure fades into insignificance compared to the failure of those who have unsuccessfully sought to end the conflict by creating a third State in former Palestine.

The creation of a second Arab state - in addition to Jordan - in the territory comprised within the Mandate for Palestine - has failed after negotiations between Israel and the PLO spanning 1993 to 2014.

In my view the only way forward to prevent further conflict is for these Israel-Jordan negotiations to take place as soon as possible. Those negotiations might well end up in failure - but at least they would have been tried.

Just imagine - if Israel-Jordan negotiations had been undertaken and successfully concluded 40 years ago - how many Jews and Arabs would still be alive today and how many millions more would not be suffering from injuries and trauma caused by the continuing conflict?

Don't accuse me of smothering human empathy. I hope you have the decency to withdraw that claim immediately.
Posted by david singer, Saturday, 20 October 2018 8:14:19 AM
There are 4.8 million fictitious persons with not 1 state between them and who borrow Mr Netanyahu's land . His empathy and generosity is notable but his time is limited. At 48 bodies per bus , the fictional people can be disposed of by about 800,000 bus trips or 10 cattle trains. IS has spare houses and north Russia is getting warm they say. "Insane temperatures" are right up the Arabs alley.
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 20 October 2018 9:15:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy