The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When trees have emotions, irrationality takes root > Comments

When trees have emotions, irrationality takes root : Comments

By Allen Greer, published 5/10/2018

Wholleben’s goal with the book is to make us believe that trees are like sentient animals and to have us treat them accordingly.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Trees have feelings?

I'm looking at Weeping Willows in a whole new light.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 5 October 2018 3:03:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Only recently have we known of interactions between mycorrhizal plants and pathogens, herbivores, and parasitic plants. And the lymphatic system and its role in snake-bite was not widely publicised for decades.
Trees keep their politics to themselves , a most commendable policy especially in cyber warfare nations. A stethoscope reveals the humming buzz of activity inside trees notably the revered oak of druid and the cedar , Devadaru "tree of the gods". They are watching.
And waiting.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 5 October 2018 3:08:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter Wholleben's ideology and the evolution fantasy are cousins.
Posted by runner, Friday, 5 October 2018 5:28:21 PM
I was going to make some remark about selfish genes and the usefulness of allegories in selling books to people who aren't that into science. But between Dan, Alan, Nick and runner, this thread is like a crackhead's picnic. I'll leave you guys to it.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 5 October 2018 5:42:26 PM
Trees have emotions & way more sense than a lot of the people who gather en masse to plant them when the time is right for fads.
Posted by individual, Friday, 5 October 2018 7:04:50 PM
I always knew that vegetarians were mass murderers.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 7 October 2018 7:17:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy