The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Fake news! The Senator Fraser Anning saga > Comments

Fake news! The Senator Fraser Anning saga : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 3/10/2018

It seems to me that the 'fake news' definition from the Collins Dictionary has been played out before my eyes in Australia in 2018.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
A not infrequent plaint in Britain is why did we not take notice of Enoch Powell ?
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 5 October 2018 2:07:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz,

Why don't you share with us some of the main points Enoch Powell made about immigration?

I'm familiar with his controversial speech in 1968 known as 'rivers of blood', https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3643823/Enoch-Powells-Rivers-of-Blood-speech.html.

He was demoted from Conservative Party cabinet over this speech.
Posted by OzSpen, Friday, 5 October 2018 2:26:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I cannot add any more to it. I remember the fuss that was made.
It was one of the first politically correct controversies.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 5 October 2018 2:35:56 PM
Lego, well put.
An excellent piece of work, both in delivery and content.
You are showing great courage for telling the 'truth', and ignoring PC and all the rubbish these 'suck-holes' engage in for fear of becoming unpopular.
I and, truth be known, MILLIONS of Aussies would want to give you some kind of prize for 'telling it like it is'.
The truth is sometimes uncomfortable, but it is always, 'the truth'.
You have broken it down and explained it very well.
There is NO reason anyone on OLO will not 'get it', finally.
It would have to be one of the best postings I have seen in a while.
So, thank you, and keep it up.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 5 October 2018 4:14:49 PM
//To Tony Lavis.//

To LEGO: you couldn't be bothered to spell my name correctly, so I stopped reading after 'Lavis.'

As such, I'm not sure what arguments you made or points you raised, so I tried to find a generic rebuttal to whatever Tory crap you're in favour of. I hope it is to your liking, even if doesn't fully address whatever it is you were on about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 5 October 2018 6:27:16 PM
LEGO,

Exalting the White Australia Policy and dumbing down on multiculturalism misses a critical factor that is present in all people.

Sin (breaking God’s laws) infects all of us, no matter what the colour. I’ve addressed some of this problem in my On Line Opinion article: 'Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us', at: http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=19680

Sin is a good word to describe the depravity all of suffer from. We have no problem sending players to the Sin Bin in rugby league, basket ball,, etc when they violate rules of the games.

Many will reject this diagnosis, but we see it all over Australia in examples from the Sexual Abuse Royal Commission, the Banking Royal Commission, the crime and violence we see on the nightly news. I know we all have to battle with lying, stealing, deceit, evil thoughts, sexual immorality, etc (and that includes me, a 'white' person).

You do remember Hitler & the Nazi Holocaust, Mussolini’s killing brigade, the Soviet Gulag, etc. Resorting to a White Australia Policy focusses on one group that is infected with the same disease as the rest of humanity.
Posted by OzSpen, Saturday, 6 October 2018 6:31:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy