The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Europe and Asia: together for a more secure world > Comments

Europe and Asia: together for a more secure world : Comments

By Frederica Mogherini, published 30/5/2018

Collectively, the EU and its Member States have the second largest defence budget in the world; the potential of greater European cooperation on defence matters is immense.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
World government raising it's ugly head again.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 8:34:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Absolutely agree! And the most rational of observations!

So, what are the unfathomable barriers that prevent it? Putin, Erdogan and their likeminded cohort?
Tramp, tramp, Trump? And the defence spend related economic expansion/recovery?
And almost certain to make him by far, the richest man in the graveyard? Now that's what I call inspired ambition!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 30 May 2018 12:08:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ttbn

World government?

This is a discussion on the EU. I didn't read one word even referencing the UN.
Maybe I missed the point.

Trump is a realist Re; Iran. They will develop nuclear capability hell or high water:
Following which there will be some interesting political shifting in the area.
The EU take the other and more naive view to my mind.
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 12:08:40 PM
dd

I wrote only 7 words, and UN wasn't among them.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 3:18:35 PM
Ttbn

That's a smart arse answer. You mentioned world government how the F* is the EU involved in that. Do you comprehend that question?
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 8:01:15 PM
Gee, dd. I don't know what your problem is, but I'm would rather not be part of it. You seem to enjoy sniping at me lately. Go for it, but don't expect any response from me.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 8:45:29 PM
There will never ever be a world government! Too many Nations going their own way and nearly as easy as herding cats! Nonetheless, power is shifting from west to east and America has not only lost the arms race but the battle for hearts and minds?
Moreover, seems to want to shuck off the notion its the world's policeman and willing to forever sacrifice lives and treasure, for folk who want else?
As South Vietnam found out when the going gets tough the "tough" get going and gone. Ditto Iraq and Afghanistan. They stayed the course in Italy, Germany and Japan and for enough years for democracy to become the accepted way of life. And would make perfect sense if they now form a trading and self-defence partnership!?
As an undivided block to offset the new power in their area. And could include, South Korea, Tiapan, Laos Cambodia and Vietnam. But only if they want to continue further toward prosperity and economic growth?
Alternatively, the latter could join Tibet as new Chinese owned provinces? As Cambodia seems hell-bent on achieving, for the modern equivalent of forty pieces of silver?
And who would blame them, given the ordinance the yanks dropped on them and Laos, during the Vietnam conflict!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 30 May 2018 9:32:08 PM
Alan,

What do you think of Geoffrey Blainey? He believes that world government is inevitable; but those of us alive today will not see it.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 30 May 2018 10:53:02 PM
Globalisation? I would say that nations don't like when somebody erase their identity.
Posted by Fighting Poverty, Wednesday, 6 June 2018 12:03:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy