The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Macron, Merkel and May should adopt Trump policy on Jerusalem > Comments

Macron, Merkel and May should adopt Trump policy on Jerusalem : Comments

By David Singer, published 24/5/2018

Refusing to move the French Embassy to Israel's designated capital now is bowing to the dictates and diplomatic blackmail of an illegal and undemocratic entity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Hi Ttbn,

I have no problems with Israel's capital being Jerusalem, which it was thousands of years ago, and which is invoked in all the Abrahamic religions as the central place- Judaism, Islam and Christianity. I understand that, in the earliest days of the Islamist aggression out of Arabia, adherents prayed in the direction of Jerusalem, not Mecca, as the 'Rome' of its day.

Which goes some way to explaining how and why Jerusalem is supposed to be so important to Muslims, which has always baffled me. I'm not sure about the veracity of Muhammad flying there from Mecca on a winged horse on the night that he was dying, in order to climb Jacob's Ladder, emanating from the Great Temple and reaching into Heaven. I thought flying horses had died out years before.

But I would quibble about the timing of any moving of embassies there at the present time: it seems an unnecessary complication in the fraught relations between Israel, the US, the Sunnis (Arabs, Turks etc.) and the Shi'ites (Iraq, Iran).

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 24 May 2018 12:00:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day, Joe,

“But I would quibble about the timing of any moving of embassies there at the present time: it seems an unnecessary complication in the fraught relations between Israel, the US, the Sunnis (Arabs, Turks etc.) and the Shi'ites (Iraq, Iran)”.

I get that. But, do you really think that not doing it now would make any difference to the Isreal/Arab/Iran/Just about everone else bloody great mess? I believe that, if we keep on putting off doing things because we might upset someone we will never do anything.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 24 May 2018 12:32:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The only illegal party in this is Israel
Posted by John Ryan, Thursday, 24 May 2018 12:39:27 PM
John,

Not sure how you arrive at that assertion. Israel exists, and has a right to exist, and not to be pushed into the sea. Ergo, it has a right to a capitol. Ergo, Jerusalem.

All the Palestinians have to do is agree to ba two-state solution and take active steps to implement it. Simples.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 24 May 2018 1:50:42 PM
Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel.
The US embassy relocation does not change this.

Israel purchased this development, via Trump's campaign being funded by Sheldon Adelson, who was present with his wife at the opening of the embassy.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Adelson
http://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/23/sheldon-adelson-pay-jerusalem-embassy-422732
http://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article211098039.html
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 24 May 2018 8:50:18 PM
The Jews in Auchwitz or the Warsaw Ghetto were treated better than the Palestinians in Gaza.

And let me also educate you.
'Anti-Semitic' is just a bs made up word that could potentially mean 2 things.
1. Racism and hatred towards Jews or Israel for no reason.
2. Fair and reasonable criticism of the State of Israel.

Israel wants to stop any fair and reasonable criticism of the State of Israel (2) by making people fear that they might be construed as being racist towards Jews (1).

It's a bs made up word;
Like a Jedi mind trick for low level morons to scare you into self-censorship.

Israel shot 12000 Palestinians in a month, using munitions deemed illegal by the UN.
Those Palestinians wouldn't have done any more harm than Muslims have done to Europe, and apparently that's 'inclusive' these days.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 24 May 2018 9:29:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy