The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Punishment misses the mark > Comments

Punishment misses the mark : Comments

By Beth Macgregor, published 15/2/2001

Beth Macgregor argues that the whole idea of punishing children is flawed and counter-productive

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
This article is very timely and helpful. Although I fully understand that the article was meant for nurturing our children, I'd like to ask for the effects of "punishment" when our children become adults.

I sense a lot of vindictiveness in our society (I'm in the US), is it rational to assume that child punishment can lead to such behavior?
Posted by AsianSmiles, Thursday, 27 October 2005 9:50:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All human beings have the fundamental right to be treated with respect, without the use of punishment to deter behaviour, or physical force to command obedience.

It is a terrible reflection of a society gone wrong, when such a large majority of parents use forms of punishment as the means of controlling their children.

I have nothing but praise for this article "Punishment misses the mark" It conveys a civilised way of treating children who are in our care...and fundamentally using love and kindness behind all actions of parenting. For some Australians, this is a very unfamiliar concept
Posted by DOM01, Monday, 22 October 2007 9:08:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy