The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > NAPLAN and bullying > Comments

NAPLAN and bullying : Comments

By Phil Cullen, published 29/3/2018

The truth is that the instrument of anxiety-creation is NAPLAN

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
No only that CW, but former unchallenged teacher controlled outcomes is costing the nation many billions and further entrenching privilege based outcomes over benchmarked best practise excellence! XXX PARAGRPH BREAK.XXX And unable to withstand the spotlight of official inquisition. XXXX PB XXX While art is important, I clearly can't be made more important than STEM subjects and what flows from a general proficiency in those subjects! XXX Sorry for the (X) paragraph break but the app Microsoft? Have downloaded? Without my consent or permission has eliminated the usual method? XXX Why? Because I'm at 75 and still recovering from a stroke can't tell them the password to the program. Theirs, already installed on the new computer I was forced to buy, WITH MONEY I DON'T HAVE because "someone" or something resented the fact that I wouldn't pay a tech for a widows 10 download, given I already owned a code validated copy on an EXPENSIVE disc. XXXX Thus far I have been forced to install a brand new hard drive on my comparatively new HP laptop, and when installing my validated copy of windows 10, was asked to hit any key.XXXX Before I had time to comply with the imported by someone else, app. The app said wrong key and shut the machine down with my very expensive disc locked in its innards. XXX Forcing me to go and buy a brand new laptop from a local retailer. And even though I obtained word from the store. Unable to use it or paragraph separation! XXX WHAT'S NEXT? OBLIGING ME TO REGULARLY FREQUENT LOCAL LIBERIES TO COMMENT? XXX Microsoft won't even recognise my email account because it is on somebody else's site. This lowest common denominator crap is where we all go, if we concentrate on IT and art over STEML!
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 3 April 2018 9:53:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At 75, nearly, I'm old enough to remember, how the better off sent their less able kids to university, via a vastly less challenging arts degree course and after a year or so of just mucking about and endless partying etc? XXX Were able to transfer to other subjects and learn how to cram exclusively for exams? Just to get a passing grade? XXX Then with a degree in their hand promptly forgot what they crammed and even so, were able to enter a profession where they as hopeless incompetents bumbled through or opted for politics? XXX And or public service? Where they often arrived with a headful of untested intellectual concepts and the knowledge that entrenched privilege and the OLD BOY'S CLUB? Protected them from their own shortcomings economic illiteracy and ineptitude? XXX And so we had whole of language replacing foundational phonetics and calculators allowed. Even through too many students became over reliant on their electronic devices well before they understood the mathematical formulas!? Go into any shop and ask a young person to count the correct change back into your hand, if only to understand half the problem? XXX The other, their almost exclusive engagement with electronic devices to the exclusion of normal face to face socializing and with it the development of normal human empathy! XXX Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 3 April 2018 10:24:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am wondering if anyone else has picked up on the subtlety of how these changes were introduced. What I mean is, what if these changes are a smoke screen for inept or incapable teachers. It's much easier to dream up a scheme that allows children the opportunity to not have to come up to a certain level, but it is really a way for the teacher to hide their shortcomings, because it is in fact the teachers and their flailing performance who are afraid of being graded. This therefore throws the attention on the students ans not on the teachers.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 4 April 2018 11:18:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy