The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On the dangers of selling 'defence assets' > Comments

On the dangers of selling 'defence assets' : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 28/3/2018

Can’t we please stick to exporting vegemite, wool and yes – coal?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Toni,

It makes a beaut drink, a well heaped teaspoon (over heaped in fact) in a cup of water is my favourite.
I just checked the current bottle but the drink details are not on it; they used to recommend adding it to hot milk, but I've never tried it that way.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 8:40:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TToni,

Found this on Faceache,

" I enjoy Vegemite as a drink but dissolving it can be a nuisance, try spreading a couple of teaspoons of it over the insides of the cup, this increases the area in contact with the BOILING water, allow to stand for a minute or two then stir vigorously."
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 29 March 2018 12:02:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Babette. Pacifism sucks.

The history of the world reveals a very simple plan.
He takes who has the power, he holds, who can.

You may be interested to know, Babette, that your concerns about arms sales by western governments to less-than-loyal "friendly regimes" has been a serious concern among senior western military officers for decades. Britain never lived down providing the Russian MIG 15 fighter plane with the best jet engine in existence, and that jet shot down British and American aircraft during the Korean War. In 1981, the RAN faced off against the Argentine Navy equipped with an ex British aircraft carrier, and two very modern, British built "Sheffield" class destroyers.

The sight of Arabs parading around in M1A2 Main Battle Tanks is enough to give any US armoured force commander red faced apoplexy. Not just because our potential enemies have now got the world's best tank that was made in the USA, but because you can bet that the Arabs are selling or giving the technology away to the Russkies and the Chinese. The Chinese in particular now have a Humvee clone as well several other pieces of cloned US military equipment, including the latest version of the US M-16 rifle.

It is the height of stupidity to sell Turkey F-35 stealth fighters when the President for Life of that country has declared that he wishes to re-establish the Turkish Empire. Since he is sucking up to the Arabs at the moment, you can bet he does not mean that he intends to re-establish the Caliphate in the Middle East. Not with the limp wristed Europeans too frightened to even tell the boatloads of Muslim invaders landing on their coasts to far cough. No wonder Edrogan recently told a mass gathering of "German" Turks in Germany to remember that they are Turks, not Germans.

But I would not worry, Babette, of Australia ever being even a minor arms exporter. Our equipment is just too expensive to build and there are many other arms exporters who can underprice us every time.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 4 April 2018 3:29:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy