The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Homeless older women forgotten > Comments

Homeless older women forgotten : Comments

By Helen Polley, published 11/1/2018

Domestic violence, wage inequality, financial dependence and lack of superannuation are all key drivers for homelessness of women of all ages.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Here, here and well said DD!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 11 January 2018 12:16:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I cannot understand why we have so many homeless. Where are the families and friends of these people? Surely if women stayed home and raised a family then one of those children would offer a bed?
And it's pointless saying that often the family doesn't have room. There is always room. Children don't need to have a room to themselves. I have been sharing my bedroom with grandchildren for years. How many minority ethnic people do you see on the Streets? Some cultures would never allow their elders to be homeless, regardless of how crowded the house was.
Have they no friends they can house share with?
Which is my final point.
Why do homeless people not get together and share a house? It would be affordable, even if they had to share a bedroom. Anything is better than living in a car or on the street.
Posted by Big Nana, Thursday, 11 January 2018 12:34:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
a lot less homelessness before the regressives decided to break down the natural structure of the family. What a mess the secularist have made.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 January 2018 12:41:43 PM
This is just a party political broadcast for the ALP. They have been in power before and, as already pointed out, were responsible for many of the current problems causing homelessness.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 11 January 2018 1:32:53 PM
DD,

I disagree with your disagreement with me:).

Albie,

Yes. If they want equality of pay, jobs and playing male sports, they should be prepared to take the blokey knocks that go with those things. Of course, they don't really want equality, though; they want superiority.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 11 January 2018 2:26:14 PM
Big Nana, "Why do homeless people not get together and share a house?"

Drugs, booze.

Drug use is also a common factor in becoming and remaining homeless, and many more women are taking drugs.

General comment
I note that this Labor politician is silent on her own party's 'progressivism' in removing earlier access to the age pension for women. That countered to some extent the years of loss of earning due to children. A case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 11 January 2018 3:10:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy