The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No winners with same-sex hate bill > Comments

No winners with same-sex hate bill : Comments

By Nicola Wright, published 19/9/2017

We're so mentally feeble that we can't bear to be called a homophobe or a bigot or hear someone say that they believe gays will go to hell.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Biblical quote!

*...And brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death...*

Poignant....
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 7:13:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Every time one group is shut up, another group gets a free gift; they are relieved of a burden so they will never reject the offer. It's equivalent to handing out cash. And of course the converse is true as well; "I have this burden. Please relieve it with cash." Seen as just another handout, the granting of new 'rights' has to be on the most slippery of slopes. We are in very dangerous territory.
Posted by Tombee, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 7:54:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Every time some idiot politician decides to insert "safeguards" into legislation, we lose. That is a matter of the simplest logic.

As Thomas Jefferson said: "Our freedom depends upon the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost."

Same principle applies to freedom of speech.

Make no mistake, silencing millions of people is in no way a good thing, it's a precedent for something very, very bad.
Posted by calwest, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 8:28:45 AM
Yeah, I guess this sort of thing shows how the plebiscite won't really change anything for non-traditional families, its more a question on whether or not christians have a future in Australia, or if they will be expelled from public life forever, as experiences in similar countries suggest.
Posted by progressive pat, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 8:44:28 AM
Safeguards for free speech have been removed in Ireland now that a mere 37% of the population have voted for or against this disgusting business. In Australia, we don't have any guarantees of freedom of speech in the first place! The only people enjoying free speech in this country are Marxists and perverts, who can say what they like about the rest of us and get away with it.

And yes, pro-SSM Nazi, George Brandis decides what can be said about whom! Australian's right to free speech is almost non-existent, now, thanks to the extreme Leftism of Labor, the Coalition and the Greens. There is nobody standing up for goodness and wholesomeness any more. The author is right about the lack of backbone and cowardice in this country.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 8:46:40 AM
to say that sodomy is not a choice is as dumb as saying paedophile is not a choice. Biology, science and commonsense totally trashed by the Marxist and people wanting to justify their own corruption play along with the nonsense.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 10:37:55 AM
No winners eh? How about losers and the astronomical number of suicides among young men, unable to cope with completely false, inculcated from birth, massive falsehoods, that make them feel wrong, worthless and or suicidal!

If a young man hanging by his neck from a tree or permanently estranged from an alleged family, is not harm?

I'd like to know what you think is? Pretty please with sugar on it!?

The real problem here is the massive misinformation campaign put out by poofter hating bullies, who believe, as is their brainwashed custom, that homosexually can be imposed by indoctrination or caught like a cold!?

And try, with rare determination prevalent among zealots, to infer otherwise, i.e., that teaching kids in safe schools, that homosexuality is like left handedness. Something few folk are born with as a natural (in his own image) aberration. And now proven by medical evidence!

And if that offends a few rigidly recalcitrant folk, I apologise. Except if it's a cap that fits?

THe real test here would be, if a bearded Lady, looking like your average alpha male, walked hand in hand down the aisle, to marry the female partner she loved. Or visa versa, with one male, a sexually reassigned female?

And without upsetting anyone or impinging on anyone's rights whatsoever! Not the presiding Priest, Parson, Minister, Celebrant, Florist, the Baker or Candlestick maker. And then going on to live as any happily married couple, replete with kids etc.

Who is harmed? What rights are reduced? Just the recalcitrant, self appointed control freaks and their, brainwashed for centuries, falsehoods!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 19 September 2017 11:21:59 AM
' If a young man hanging by his neck from a tree or permanently estranged from an alleged family, is not harm?

I'd like to know what you think is? Pretty please with sugar on it!?'

yes Alan exactly why this lifestyle should not be promoted. The more the lifestyle has been promoted and accepted over the last 50 years or so the higher the suicide rate. No doubt with your head in the sand you won't accept inconvenient truths.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 11:52:33 AM
Its been proven in other countries that allowed SSM that it won't stop the rate of same-sex oriented people killing themselves, so it's not really a reasonable argument either for or against.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 11:59:25 AM
Oh and by the way if someone want to go hang themselves, my standard response if to offer my services of goodwill in yanking on said persons feet.
Don't say I didn't try to help.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 12:06:03 PM
The completely unnatural forces that apparently create homosexuality are enough on their own to cause mental problems and stress for sufferers, without the ridiculous idea that discussion/debate, differences of opinion, voting, and so on, are somehow causes of suicide.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 1:13:20 PM
Looks like the panic is really starting to set in. And this from the mob who were so sure they were a majority. Ignorance can indeed make the world appear to be a very scary place.
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 1:39:42 PM
I don't know if they are bound for hell in the biblical sense, I just wish the SSM crowd would get the hell out of my life.

They have achieved one thing with their unpleasantness & bully boy tactics with me at least. I am so sick of their rubbish & vindictive garbage I will for ever vote against anything they ever want.

Well done homosexuals, one result at least.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 2:00:28 PM
Sorry to do this, need to correct mistake on another of today's threads.

i.e., China will rollout, one (million) affordable electric cars this year! (Ramped up production to follow!)
Apologies. Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 19 September 2017 2:45:04 PM
Hey AJ Philips,
I think the SSM vote is all show and that SSM legislation has been decided to be implemented already anyway.
If Turnbull's antics with that leaked Trump phone call are anything to go by, then I'm right.
This 'vote' is for no other reason than to make the people 'think they had a choice and that they chose and supported it'.

I couldn't care less what gays do, but I oppose the safe schools indoctrination of kids and the victimisation of other members of the community, and I've made my position clear right from the start.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 5:36:32 PM
I would mostly agree with that, Armchair Critic.

<<I think the SSM vote is all show and that SSM legislation has been decided to be implemented already anyway.>>

I think the Coalition has been so insistent on a public vote not because they have strong democratic values (they often decide on issues of far greater consequence without asking us), nor do I think they care to what extent the country had a plebiscite in mind when they elected them (they break promises all the time). No, I think they want to be able to wipe their hands clean of a bill allowing for same-sex marriage, in the event that it passes and becomes law.

“Hey, don't blame us. We asked y'all first!”

<<This 'vote' is for no other reason than to make the people 'think they had a choice and that they chose and supported it'.>>

Considering the majority of the Coalition are opposed to same-sex marriage, I don’t think I’d go that far. But I would agree with you here, to the extent that I think Labor will simply get it over and done with when they next win government.

<<I couldn't care less what gays do, but I oppose the safe schools indoctrination of kids and the victimisation of other members of the community …>>

Well, I have some good news for you then: Safe Schools has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. In fact, there will likely be less of a case for it, given the normalising effect that same-sex marriage will probably have.
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 6:02:39 PM
Hey AJ Philips,
'I believe everyone should have the right to live however they choose so long as it doesn't affect anyone else in an adverse manner.'

- This is the basis of my belief system; the reason why I always raise those 2 issues previously mentioned, of the safe-schools indoctrination of kids and victimisation of other members of the community.

Also, as a side note - capitalism allows us the freedom to create a life of our choosing but we must also be prepared to accept and live with the consequences of where our choices lead us.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 7:40:16 PM
Yeah AJP. And bring on the next election.

Even though some of our most vociferous zealots, seem to have decided, the no case is already lost? And possible given they almost to a man, argue a fact and history free case! And just want to obfuscate and conflate other issues?

And claim of all things, freedom of speech is now curtailed in highly conservative, Christian Ireland!

Runner runs true to form, with abuse replacing validated evidence for his, plainly bigoted homophobic, fact free ( I believe it, therefore it's true) daily rant.

Where he, wait for it, accuses others of burying the head! Sheesh!

Other kindred souls, profess to want to pull the feet of an attempted hanging, suicidal man!

And a level of uncaring calloused indifference, that surely self identifies plainly bigoted homophobes. Something they would appear to have in common with universially despized Nazis!

To reiterate, bring on the next election!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 19 September 2017 7:48:36 PM
Runner states, 'The more the lifestyle has been promoted and accepted over the last 50 years or so the higher the suicide rate.' Oh look, opinion posing as fact. And being gay is not a lifestyle. To claim that is absurd. Absurd covers most of the ant-gay comments though.
Posted by minotaur, Tuesday, 26 September 2017 7:49:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy