The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s time to underline the importance of fathers > Comments

It’s time to underline the importance of fathers : Comments

By Peter West, published 1/9/2017

Boys grew up expecting to become a father, breadwinner, head of the family and husband of a loving wife.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Toni, I actually thought we had evolved beyond the social and intellectual level of kangaroos but obviously I'm mistaken
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 2 September 2017 12:59:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tamanian devils hatch out and are left to sink or swim. Kangaroo joeys are neglected by fathers who don't teach woodwork or kick-boxing..um.
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 2 September 2017 1:23:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is an extract from an article in the Australia, which unfortunately is behind a paywall. When I read this I felt like crying and decided I'm glad I won't be around to see what society seems bent on destroying. The family, fatherhood, confident children, and the knowledge of who we are and our roles in society.

"A heart-tugging television commercial celebrating Fath­er’s Day by promoting the ­special role of fathers in the lives of their children has been pulled after being deemed too “polit­ical” ahead of the government’s same-sex ­marriage postal ballot.

This year’s commercial — featuring a father singing his baby a lullaby — will not be broadcast after Free TV Australia, representing the free-to-air commercial networks, informed­ not-for-profit group Dads4Kids that its Father’s Day ads “likely contained political matter”...

In its statement, Dads4Kids said the majority of free-to-air TV networks across Australia had “graciously run these ads for free as a community service ­announcement” for 15 years.
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 2 September 2017 1:48:23 PM
Well kids need mums and dads, in whatever form they take.

Most of us will be glad when this tedious debate about same-sex marriage is over, whatever we think of it. While it goes on, giving voice to many sane people and a lot of silly ones, far too many important issues aren't being discussed: Chinese investment; politicians accepting gifts from various unsavoury sources; negative gearing; capital gains; housing unaffordability; big packages awarded to fat cats.

On which: Ahmed Farhour must be happy with his big retirement package. Most boys would be jealous of such an enormous package....
Posted by Waverley, Saturday, 2 September 2017 3:07:54 PM
"Dads4Kids .. run these ads for free for 15 years."
So if Allah4Ausah says to wear a burqa then KMart puts up boys burqas in the front display in footie colours. If Top4girls says to break through the glass ceiling then Bunnings has a special on ladies sledge hammers? If Gay4U are over Dads then ebay runs suicide euthanasia packs for ex-Dads?
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 2 September 2017 5:50:35 PM
NNN

Or, how to prevent your child from becoming a heterosexual father; enroll him in your local Public School for indoctrination in the joys of homosexuality v the evils of heterosexuality ....
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 2 September 2017 8:03:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy