The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump’s 'new' strategy in Afghanistan is doomed to fail > Comments

Trump’s 'new' strategy in Afghanistan is doomed to fail : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 25/8/2017

Once the Taliban becomes a part of the government, they would develop a vested interest in the stability of Afghanistan.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
It's a bit premature to start bagging untried strategies! And this one has left the door open on troop numbers and time lines related to eventual guaranteed success.

We could increase our troop numbers, but only as a few hundred special forces tasked with simply destroying (overnight, broad acre zero spray) the taliban's poppy crops, to further deny them practically the only source of funding that keeps them in the conflict.

After that, I believe we need to maintain and improve allied presence at all known border crossings, to hit very hard at miscreants as they cross over.

And where remotely controlled, self destructing, cost effective, sacrificial drones equipped with infrared and night vision would become almost indispensable. And allow us to take out I.U.D's and their placement personnel, before they are buried/bury them!?

After that, I believe the only way to get Pakistan onside, is to stop paying them to do what any civilized nation would do!

Or if they'd rather, via their aggressive posturing, include them as sabre rattling, cage rattling, nuclear armed, Taliban sympathetic, (Khan inspired, motivated or manipulated) covert combatants?

With largely unmanned, massively porous borders/border crossings!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 25 August 2017 11:54:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What this twit forgets is that the Taliban is an extremist group.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 26 August 2017 7:03:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy