The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Yemen's calamity is of damning proportions > Comments

Yemen's calamity is of damning proportions : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 14/7/2017

It is hard to imagine that along with the catastrophe that has been inflicted on Syria for the past six years, another calamity is unfolding in Yemen.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
It is all about oil. As far as the "Great powers" are concerned, Man's inhumanity to Man, is of no consequence,

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 14 July 2017 10:59:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mahomed , Mahamud, or whatever you spell his name as, "married" a girl Aisha at 6 years old and consummated the " marriage" when she was 9.
He conquered a tribe of Jews, beheaded every adult male and sold all females and children into slavery.

Such is recorded in the Arabic texts- the "ahadith"

In the Koran ( Q'aran or whatever) he specifically approves giving prisoners of war the choice of conversion to Islam or death and suggests you do your wife beating away from the house.
If alive today in Australia or any civilised country he would be in gaol as a paedophile and a war criminal.

Until middle eastern people stop looking for guidance and parameters of their morality to the teachings of a paedophile war criminal wife beater who progressed his religi0on by the sword, those people will suffer terribly from the society such belief create
Posted by Old Man, Friday, 14 July 2017 12:22:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not sure it's all about oil? But could be?

Meaning, the sooner we transition away from fatty acid hydrocarbons and onto something else like thorium, abundant the world over and cheap as chips, the better!

I think much of this abhorrent suffering could conceivably be curtailed by the, gifted roll out of thorium based nuclear power and use it initially to desalinate copious seawater. Utilizing (also gifted) space age deionization dialysis, that produces 90% SAFE, CLEAN, SANITARY potable water, for just a tiny fraction of the cost of traditional desalination!

[And removes more than just salt, but many other problematic ions/contamination!]

So cheap in fact, so as to be able to be utilized to underpin some very big broad scale, economically viable, irrigation, food and fibre farming pursuits on currently, bone dry, desert or arid land!

Food and water abundance could quite dramatically ease the famine? Clean safe water central to controlling cholera!

Practicable doable steps should be trialled first!

Not sure what the answer is for the stone age centuries old divide between competing Sunni and Shiite Islam, or why barbarity seems both acceptable and a way of life for dehumanised monsters!?

But for sure and certain, unable to be imposed from without!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 14 July 2017 8:41:48 PM
It's become mandatory for any conflict in the ME, in which the West takes sides, to portray it as a sectarian conflict. Yes, of course, the Houthis are one religious sect (the bad sect) and all the rest are the other religious sect, the one favoured by the West (the good sect). The bad sect is driven by religious fanaticism and the good sect is driven by the need to be rational upholders of freedom or something or other (as long as they toe the Washington consensus).

The fact that the Houthi rebellion might actually be a national movement that strongly subscribes to the principles of Arab nationalism, pan-Islamism and opposition to US-Israel-Saudi control of Yemen's resources (or that the rebellion actually began with the government's decision to decrease fuel subsidies) is noticeably missing from the Western media's fanatical drive to pitch the conflict as a power struggle between Sunnis and Shi-ites.
Posted by Killarney, Sunday, 16 July 2017 12:40:53 AM
The Islamic world is at war with the West, Alon Meir. So, as far as I am concerned, it is just bad guys killing bad guys. I wish both sides luck. If I was allowed to, I would buy two crates of 7.62X39 ammo from the Horsley park Gun Shop. I would then send one crate to Saudi Arabia, and the other one to the rebels in Yemen.

Keep your powder dry boys, and don't jerk the trigger. Inshallah.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 20 July 2017 7:18:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy