The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Victoria - extension even before the bill is written > Comments

Victoria - extension even before the bill is written : Comments

By Paul Russell, published 10/5/2017

'Making euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide legal started a development we did not foresee. The old limit 'thou shalt not kill' was abandoned, a new limit is yet to be found.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Well, he would say that, wouldn't he.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 10 May 2017 8:51:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thankyou Mr Russell for alerting us to the fact that the Victorian Labour Government wish to quietly push through legislation allowing assisted suicide. I think most Victorians are too busy raising families, paying bills - (tollways, speed fines), car registration, mortgages, electricity, food, etc.etc. to ponder killing off the old and frail. I have never died before so I am no expert. But, I have seen many people die in a caring and loving environment. I do not want to live in a Victoria that allows one citizen to assist in the killing of another Victorian. This is a legacy we can do without. Mental health of Victorians is a big issue. Suicide in Victoria is a major issue. We should put our energies into talking about the dignity of the person and appropriate palliative care. Give to Caesar what's Caesar's.
Posted by miss_allaneous, Sunday, 14 May 2017 11:06:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You need to live with someone who in spite of the best palliative care, has reached the end of her tether, and the only means of releasing her from prolonged pain and suffering, is assisted suicide. Please don't take that option away from others who are in that same situation.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Sunday, 14 May 2017 11:17:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy