The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Green energy economics > Comments

Green energy economics : Comments

By Stephen Cable, published 21/4/2017

Like a knight in shining green armour they’re riding over the energy landscape on a policy steed to save you ‘up to’ $370 per year.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Bit early for policy, policy needs to reflect the situation at the time of election. You should be interested in policy of the incumbent govt. which of course is in disarray.

They make it one day and discard it the next.
Posted by doog, Friday, 21 April 2017 4:46:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My biggest battery is 650 amp hours. And weighs 75 kg,s that runs a fridge, freezer, and all lighting 24/7. It would not start a car as it has no cranking value.
A different barttery for micro wave, toaster and jug.
I have two transfer pumps running directly on solar panels.
Anyone that does not get with the solar revolution is either decrepit or lost in time.
It,s free for the collecting.
Posted by doog, Friday, 21 April 2017 9:07:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Alan B, i think you have a good point.
Posted by rollyczar, Saturday, 22 April 2017 9:33:58 PM
Hi doog, i discover your suggestion is one of the best. Getting solar can do a lot of help.
Posted by rollyczar, Saturday, 22 April 2017 9:40:40 PM
Doog.

How many years will your big battery last and what is the replacement cost?

Add that cost to the free energy.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 23 April 2017 10:51:41 AM
$650 in 2008. 250 watt solar panels x two $ 380 ea.
My big battery has a replacement guarantee of 15 years so I would expect 20 years.
The solar panels have a guarantee for 25 years.
Good value for money.
Probably the best investment ever to add to the house.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 23 April 2017 5:16:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy