The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s just more of the same problems and programs > Comments

It’s just more of the same problems and programs : Comments

By Gary Johns, published 6/4/2017

The interim report of the Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory is heading dangerously close to yet another ideological cul-de-sac.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hi Leslie,

Well, the pay might be attractive :) But since I would be told what to find, and it would be as you describe, I would feel that I was taking money for nothing. [Hmmm ..... still might take it]. I'm sure that Big Nana would have higher principles that mine, and respectfully knock it back from the outset.

Why do crucial issues get so easily buried in comparative trivia ? People are very likely dying brutally out in remote 'communities' and in rural towns (I'm terrified about the effects of Ice when it really hits), but this RCs will busy itself with spit hoods.

But thanks anyway,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 6 April 2017 5:15:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We all act according to who we think is observing our behaviour. With the emotion removed from this subject, then who are the key players acting-out for?

Starting at the top of the pile, politicians initiated the inquiry. Who are they acting out for?
Obviously it is not their constituency. The responses here are unanimously on the side of sense. And since there is little to resemble sense in the outcomes of the RC, then who was the RC aiming its results towards?

It all points towards denial. Huge efforts are invested by governments into denial of the realities of not only the whole Aboriginal question, but every specific part of it, one at a time!

It's the blame game that must stop before any forward progress will be observed; otherwise this whole Aboriginal debacle will more and more quickly add as ONE of the major hastening effects of sending our country broke.
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 7 April 2017 6:36:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy