The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Post-GFC trade slowdown indicative of a global malaise > Comments

Post-GFC trade slowdown indicative of a global malaise : Comments

By Tony Makin, published 16/1/2017

Self-defeating protectionism and anaemic investment levels are taking their toll on the global economy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Public private partnerships? What for? So that the (daft) public can raise all the much lower cost loan; while the private entity and its army of dividend dependent parasitical shareholders can reap any and all profits/reward!

Private enterprise does it better!?

No it doesn't!

Name one just one privately owned and operated power company that produces lower cost to the consumer,reticulated energy, all while maintaining a superior maintenance and replacement record?

Besides, private players can tender for government funded contracts replete with penalty clauses, with competing tenders! And without obtusely carving off a major slice/all of taxpayer funded product or thing, for them! The object of the PPP exercise?

That's how you keep costs down!

Moreover, we have yet to try, popular overseas, thirty year self terminating bonds, so structured as to return and deploy our own two trillion super fund!

And we need to end the blame game and duck shoving that here in the most over-governed but one, country in the world, is par for the course in Australian politics!

And given reducible waste has a saving of 70 billions per available to us, if we ever have the courage to instruct OUR SERVANTS/snouts in the trough, on what we expect and demand for OUR dollar!

We can and should do so much better without auctioning our economic sovereignty or heritage! The very goal of alleged public private partnerships!

I'm so over hugely over-rewarded empire building (yes minister, but you can't do that) public servants and their dept. heads, deciding what our instructions to them should be? As they consolidate their positions/protect their backsides/blame shift rampant incompetence/find some convenient scapegoat, when the " serial corruption" gig is up?

We want to fix the economy not fatally pluck it! Yes I know Adian, I do talk funny with my teeth out?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 16 January 2017 4:56:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy