The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Children and social media don't mix > Comments

Children and social media don't mix : Comments

By Mal Fletcher, published 4/11/2016

Of course, technology is less to blame for the world's ills than human choices as to how we use technology.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
God give me patience, WTF did you expect, when the entire western world is focused on making the obscenely even richer and at any cost!? Including touted freedom?

Freedom from what? The greedy grasping rich, who'd be killed by a single day's real work! Like say, loading bales of lucerne hay from dawn to dark at the height of summer?

I can see it now, Donald at the wheel pedal to the metal, Gina on the back stacking to three metres, while Clive jogs/bounces beside effortlessly throwing bales up faster than she can stack?

In your dreams!

Better they make others do all the real work, while they scheme how to dodge tax and any and all legal liabilities?

Well it seems to have worked well for at least one Presidential candidate?

I have the greatest respect for the self made man, you know, the one born in the log cabin hewn from the wilderness with his own two bare hands!

And I'd shake his hand a gaze on his rugged vestige with undying admiration, if ever I could find that legend of myth, replete with honor, absolute integrity and an inherent sense round table equality!

Hardly the sort of dream likely to trouble those condemned to dwell in our streets, live rough and sleep in tired old cars, as they wait for the soup kitchen to open!

Sadly, it doesn't have to be that way and wouldn't if there were still a light burning on that hill!

A silver lining?

Yes and all forty pieces jingling in the pockets of the sell outs, and the proactive prevention, who've created today's world!

It's a very long time since we've seen progressive conservatives or so called Christians giving more than mere lip service to the ideals we once lived by?

Understand that then ask all those same questions again.

Kids learn what they live! Today it's me, me, me, me and the survival of I'm alright Jack!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 5 November 2016 10:26:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan, what "children" lesrn is a product of what they are taught...
Posted by Craig Minns, Saturday, 5 November 2016 3:08:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Humans, like rats, live a dangerous and insecure life.
Happiness develops from an innate symbiotic relationship with nature, and all that dwells therein.
I would suggest, kids growing up in a rural environment, would be more tuned-in to an abiding and realistic happiness, than their city cousins; in spite of social media.
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 6 November 2016 7:40:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy