The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nuclear Citizens' Jury: an ethical case for importing nuclear wastes > Comments

Nuclear Citizens' Jury: an ethical case for importing nuclear wastes : Comments

By Noel Wauchope, published 25/10/2016

However, nuclear lobbyists have for a long time been promoting the idea that Australia has an ethical responsibility to import nuclear wastes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
In reply to ttbn

Not only do you not do your homework in checking on my my identity, but you also show a poor understanding of how a person's political activism or published opinions can affect their reputation in the workplace.

If one is working in a responsible job in a conservative institution, the fact is that such activity can lead to difficulties, and indeed, to dismissal. That was the sole reason why I used my middle names "Christina Macpherson", rather than my real name (which you don't believe anyway, so why do I bother?) Noel Wauchope
Posted by ChristinaMac1, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 12:59:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
First and foremost, a juror is allegedly an ethical person who makes a judgement on the assembled facts! Not preconceived emotive value judgement derived from assumptive conjecture, or manifest fact free dogma and ideology!

Trial by jury is supposed to be just that! Rather than trial by running the gauntlet, where the subject needs to tolerate repeated blows by adversaries determined to ensure failure! And double the length of the gauntlet each time some stray fact manages to make it through!

Even so, impossible to see if you're blindfolded; or in the case of the anti nuclear brigade, willfully blind!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 25 October 2016 1:00:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oops, forgot to warn you, Noel Christina MacPherson Wauchope, that any one reading your culturally Marxist tracts could now find out where you ply your "rather responsible job" and "embarrass" you. Not that I am such a person, of course. I don't mind how silly other people are.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 1:04:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I applaud you for having the courage of your convictions, Noel. It's a shame that in this country there are people who would go out of their way to try to threaten others for expressing their views.

ttbn, I'm disgusted in that last comment and I'm sure you will be too once you think about it.

If we aren't able to express ourselves freely we are lost as a nation.Hateful trolls spouting nonsense, whatever their politics are a serious threat to the democratic right to free expression.

Already on this thread we've had one disgusting excuse for a human being doing his best to shut down a view he doesn't like by making up defamatory slurs about me. What a world. What a pissweak pissant.
Posted by Craig Minns, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 4:07:08 PM
Craig,

What have you taken offence at. My suggestion that someone could track her down and dob her in to her employer to embarrass her, or that I certainly would not be the one to do that because I'm not concerned, nor offended by, other people who say silly things. Look at you. You don't offend me in the least. Of course people are entitled to express their views without fear, even if those ideas are potty and immature.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 4:54:23 PM
Why the irrelevance of "Citizens' Juries"?
We have them already; they are known better as elections.

We also have a massive, geologically stable country with a marketable commodity which many other countries crave - space.
So let's monetarise a massive advantage and get into nuclear waste management. We'd do it well.
Posted by Ponder, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 8:56:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All