The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The case against a sexual offender registry > Comments

The case against a sexual offender registry : Comments

By Erika Salmon, published 7/10/2016

As in the US, the Sex Offender Registry could pave the road to absurdity, as seemingly harmless crimes are registered under the registry as well.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
'And we also know that one in four households, experimental sexual activity is the common norm between siblings of all sexual orientation, and often initiated by the more sexually mature female family members?'

Oh of course we know that Alan. Is this just one of your dogmas that if quoted for long enough people start to believe. Did the orginators of the 'safe'schools project quote this figure or did you just make it up in your head.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 8 October 2016 10:59:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day there JARDINE K JARDINE...

What an absolute parody, the loss of two seemingly 'innocent' people over a legal technicality. The age of consent when I was still in the job; for a female was age 16 years. And you're right some 13 years old girls can appear to be 16 even 18 years with all the make-up and fashionable clothing, such is the rapid maturity of some young ladies. Hitherto referred to as 'gaol bait' by some.

My understanding the charge of 'Carnal Knowledge' is not laid very much these days? Unless of course the girl is not incontrovertibly mature; or the male person has discernibly taken some material advantage of her; and/or the age difference is very obviously considerable; or the offender has antecedents for similar offences .

The reason being J K J, once you 'jump the box' at the Magistrates Court, unless you've significantly fulfilled the criminal proofs of 'Carnal Knowledge' he'll/she'll dismiss it as NETO'd. Age alone 'generally' won't do it, it must be accompanied by some other material proof to convince most Magistrates.

Apropos a 'Sex Offenders Register' I agree with it, ONLY for those convicted of Paedophilia or aggravated sexual assault (Rape). That was a very interesting contribution of yours J K J, very thought provoking I thought.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 8 October 2016 1:13:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
None of the above runner! And you do need to catch up on your reading if only to absorb some valuable facts, which may even allow you to stop attacking the messenger! Which might even add some civilised decorum to became the standard norm in your dialogue. And a good leader's example for others of like ilk to follow!

I was raised in very poor circumstances runner, but no matter how poor or difficult, was raised to believe common courtesy and civility cost nothing!

Try it and some accuracy, as opposed to fired from the hip accusations, trust me it won't hurt very much!
You'll have a nice day now y'hear.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 8 October 2016 1:17:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu

Thanks for that.

But what is "Paedophilia"? Because it's now being generally used to mean with someone under the age of consent, and even under 18, confuting a minor, for purposes of eligiblity to vote in general elections, with a "child" for purposes of a discussion of sexuality.

I'm not so sure that underage sex is not generally prosecuted. I know that the child protection departments have a section, which is half police, and which spends a lot of their time acting as the Virginity Policy, persecuting young men for making love with their teenage girlfriends. The law classifies as "child sex abuse" what is in fact consensual, i.e. not abuse, and between sexually mature persons, i.e. not children. That is, it's just "sex", not "child sex abuse at all". So the problem is, they're classifying normal non-offensive human behaviour of adolescents in with the violent rape of a child.

If it were true that they don't prosecute except in aggravated cases, then the laws persecuting all other cases should be repealed. Rape is already illegal. "Statutory rape" just means the law will not recognise consent as a defence to a charge of rape. In other words, it's a legal fiction. Statutory rape is in the same factual and logical category as non-rape.

An unholy vector of sex-hating Christians and male-hating feminists has foisted on societies throughout the world these stupid laws. While they pretend to be laws of child protection, they are actually laws of sexual morality. If adultery, fornication, homosexuality and prostitution are no longer criminal offences, neither should *consensual* sex between *sexually mature* people be.

When challenged to identify what physical harm necessarily flows from under-age sex, its apologists immediately fall back to some supposed emotional harm. But when you ask them to specifically identify it, they are at a complete loss, and gape like goldfish.

There is no purpose of a sexual offender registry that is not already served by making criminal records public.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Saturday, 8 October 2016 4:55:22 PM
Alan B.
"All the ladies denigrating oversexed males should be exposed to the same level of testosterone fueled sexual appetite..."

Yeah LOL.

That reminds me of a female friend I used to know, who was discussing a course of medical treatment on testosterone with a female friend of hers.

"And how did you find it?" asked the friend.

"It was great!" she said "Only I felt this irresistible urge to scratch my balls."
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Saturday, 8 October 2016 5:45:37 PM
Hi there JARDINE K JARDINE...

The term paedophile describes an adult male person seeking sexual intercourse with either a male or female ('child' as identified by a State Statute). In my over 32 years in the police force much of it as a detective, I've not been involved in matters relating to paedophila, therefore my knowledge is limited to that of generalities only.

One thing is certain most State governments are cracking down hard on this particular crime because of it's notoriety and the disgust it inspires in the community at large. Moreover, most police will vigorously prosecute such offences as it tends to disgust most of them as well. A very topical crime out there in the community at the moment K J K !

In one of your earlier paragraphs, you suggested that if the judiciary wasn't all that keen in pursuing Carnal Knowledge prosecutions, I just hope I wasn't unintentionally misleading you, by suggesting they were 'soft' on this particular crime per se., as they're most definitely are not.

As you quite rightly suggested, a young girl under 16 years of age, if it's her intent to experiment sexually, with either her boyfriend or another male person, can manifestly 'increase' her apparent age, by the application of make-up and more sophisticated dressing, will probably fool most individuals. Nevertheless provided police have been industrious with their prosecution, they'll most assuredly, will get-up with Carnal Knowledge, when the matter is heard. That's provided the Brief is tight and the Criminal Proofs have been adequately covered.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 8 October 2016 8:29:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy