The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Syrian slaughterhouse shames America and undermines United Nations > Comments

Syrian slaughterhouse shames America and undermines United Nations : Comments

By David Singer, published 5/10/2016

America and Russia need to focus on resolving the common problem confronting the world in Syria – the defeat of Islamic State and al-Nusrah.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
When I saw hose images of blood covered kids being ferried to hopelessly overcrowded/bombed to the brink of total destruction, hospitals! I saw the real face of the terrorists being bombed into submission by baby butchers Ass hard and Poo tin!

There is a solution and that takes more resolve than anyone in the west has and not self evident since President Kennedy!

A single cruise missile delivered with our warmest regards, through Ass hard's bedroom window as he slept, could have ended this baby killing blood bath months/years ago!

Moreover, both nuclear armed Turkey, with one of the largest standing armies in NATO; and nuclear armed Israel, not too far behind. need to get more directly involved, as opposed to waiting for America to step in and put their ass on the line! It is after all, Turkey's, Israel's, part of the world!

We've had years of fruitless talks, divided loyalty and incorrigible self interest! All combining in the worst possible way to prevent the only means of resolving this conflict!

Truly righteous action on the contested ground!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 5 October 2016 12:15:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually Alan B. all you have done is reacted exactly the way they want you to react.
You're like the lab monkey with wires coming out its head forced to watch violent tv all day, I'm sorry to say.

http://youtu.be/3jFqhjaGh30

What exactly has Assad done bar defend his homeland from IS and foreign fighters?

And as for Putin and Russia you should pay more attention to the news releases.
http://youtu.be/kqD8lIdIMRo

Russia launches massive nuclear war training exercise 'involving 40 million people'
What is our government doing to protect us for when the nukes start dropping other than help start it?
Do you want a nuclear war?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-nuclear-weapon-training-attack-radiation-moscow-vladimir-putin-a7345461.html
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 5 October 2016 9:34:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If aid had been let into Germany when the Allies were bombing Germany
at the end of world war 2, it would have been viewed as aiding and
abetting the enemy.

I feel sad for those little children caught in the horror of the Syrian war.

But the reality remains, that one side views it as humanitarian aid but the
ones fighting on the other side will see it as aiding and enabling the enemy
by feeding them and nourishing them so they are strong and can fight on.

War really is about a fight to the death, with both sides survival depending on whether
they win or not,
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 7 October 2016 2:11:54 AM
Alan B.
You're outraged by the killing of kids. Fair enough.
But you have a short memory and you need a little trip down memory lane.
So here's just a little reminder of the type of people you're supporting.
I want you to know its nothing personal, but anytime from now on you mention the kids and dissent towards Russia and support for the US I'm going to remind of this and remind you how misguided you are.

Here's half a million kids you might've forgotten.
http://youtu.be/omnskeu-puE

Now tell me again do you truly believe the US cares about the kids?
If so more fool you, sorry to say.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 7 October 2016 2:53:13 AM
As you said David Singer, “Civilians in Aleppo are paying the price,” as well as all those displaced spread across the EU and elsewhere, mostly unwanted & unwelcomed.

David Singer, I am surprised by the angle you expressed through your article. Unlike another I read by ‪Andreas‬ ‪Booth‬ “Why the US and Russia are involved in the Syrian war” which gave a cleaner if not clearer account of the situation regarding Syria. ‪bit.ly/2dNzpXG ‬

1: Obama (among other key allies), if he has made a mistake… it was not advocating inside the United Security Council for a “No Fly Zone” over Syria from the beginning. His stance on not bombing Syria was the right one given the hegemonic nature of this War. Ie: Iran, Russia & China with only a spark required to set-off North Korea and or Israel… Without detail, this argument only touches a mere surface of complexity between members of the global theatre and the risk of further escalation from many corners.

2: Marie Harf dismissal of Lavrov's message was correct. How on earth can it be reckoned that any Nation State could “coordinate with a brutal dictator who's massacred so many of his own citizens.”? Especially given Resolution 2118 (2013) which you quoted, points to the use of chemical and biological weapons as a threat to international peace and security?

3: How possibly could one imagine the Syrian people after all this could become “unified” under a leader such as Assad, a Doctor, a Nation State Leader … a (Butcher) after the slaughter of so many is extremely hard to perceive.

Continued Below
Posted by miacat, Friday, 7 October 2016 3:24:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
4. The Syrians and Russian’s mirror the activities of “terrorism” when it comes to bloodshed, murderous tactics and the barbaric slaughter of innocent civilians. For the Russians to claim a threat from all those armed in opposition to the Syrian Government Army is splitting hair, especially when the UNSC has the Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) protocol, process and policy within the UNDP that it could draw on as a focus of all through a Cease Fire and PeaceKeeping agreement. The problem is both the propaganda and the misuse and murky over-reach on the word terrorist by Assad, Russia and others (including the US) for selective connivence.

From what I can see Syrian people are exhausted. They want the War to end, most opposition forces would lay-their-arms IF something could be done about Assad. Frankly Russia is part of the problem here, dividing the UNSC and any process of Peace Agreement.

5. The UNSC has special powers within the UNGA, to do something about this War. The problem is however the same as Obama’s. One misdirected spark could set-off a bush-fire across the world. Isolating Russia, or to put it another way, claims of sovereignty issues, border control among the many listed propaganda excuses (used to kill people), by Russia and Syria could spiral to a point of no return.

And it is the ‘Civilians in Aleppo who are paying the price’, as well as those displaced and a world who is trying to cope with the costs of aid and the refugees who have too, lost everything

http://www.miacat.com/
Posted by miacat, Friday, 7 October 2016 3:26:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Micat,
The no-fly zone isn't there to protect civilians, that's just what they tell us.
Its to protect 'foreign mercenaries' from being attacked by Assad.

They're upset Assad can fight back.
Do you think he should've handed his country over to American puppet rule years ago?
Or ran away when Wesley Clark stated Syria would be invaded back in 2006?

No-fly zone from the beginning would've represented an invasion, but they did try hard to make it happen blowing people up in Tunisia and France to try to get them to play ball, but the the Russians jumped it and checkmated that move.

What if we were invaded and someone told us we aren't allowed to fly our planes to repel the invaders destroying our country..

I honestly can't believe how propagandized and dumb you guys are.
Watch this video from 2 weeks ago where the senate asks General Dunford about a no fly zone.
His answer - "It will require going to war with Syria and Russia".
http://youtu.be/zzPaCxHLl8s

Let me ask you micat - Do you know what an SS-18 'Satan' is??
Do us all a favor and look it up, you deserve to find out.
But I don't like the idea of you dragging me along where you're headed.

- Most of the food and medicines will go to fighters not civilians anyway, and all they're doing is resupplying the Captagon using drug psychosis foreign mercenaries with weapons to keep the war at a stalemate.

Obviously Singer wants a UN intervention with a mandate, but this just pushes the 'transition government' angle - remove Assad, in line with Israel supporting rebels and bombing Assad anytime a Syrian farts in their general direction and the smell is carried by the wind.

Israel has several motives to take down Syria,
Destabilize and break up their neighbours so they're easier to push around.
Assad's support for Palestinians
Theft of Golan Heights AFEC / Genie Oil

You guys are giving your consent for WW3.
Its a shame democracy can't save me from you fools.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 7 October 2016 4:24:57 AM
#Armchair Critic, #miacat

Correct me if I am wrong but both of you seem to agree with me that the UN Security Council has the power to authorise military action against Islamic State and al Nusra.

That in my opinion is the essential prerequisite to trying to end the five years old civilian conflict in Syria to overthrow Assad - because both Russia and America and indeed the entire Security Council have agreed that these two terrorist organisations represent a threat to international peace and security.

If these two groups - and any others designated by the Security Council - are removed from Syria then the resolution of the civilian conflict becomes more attainable.

Russia and America should together be drafting a resolution to get the Security Council show on the road and stop wasting precious time blaming each other for the hell that has been created in Syria.

Resolve the international conflict first then resolve the local conflict.

If you have a better solution please fill me in.
Posted by david singer, Friday, 7 October 2016 8:07:13 AM
When did this become America's problem to resolve?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 7 October 2016 1:21:29 PM
Hey David,
I support Assad and Russia, not the US and Coalition forces.
There's a lot there that would just take too long to explain so here is some videos if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DxwixOJcQE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZWGwxy-rg
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/10/05/washington-leads-the-world-to-war-paul-craig-roberts/
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/09/30/bring-back-the-cold-war-paul-craig-roberts/
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/01/22/the-neoconservative-movement-is-trotskyism/

In my opinion a lot of the problems in the world stem from a western nations bipartisan support for Israel, which when combined with political donations, the Jewish lobby and free trips to Israel among other things ultimately results in automatic support for Likudniks and US Neocon foreign policy.
Its like foreign policy is already decided, the media just get to work selling us that agenda.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 7 October 2016 4:51:29 PM
Armchair Critic
I agree with your support of Russia and Assad I think they understand
the conflicts in that region of the world better than the USA

The Israel , Palestine question has no solution that doesnt involve bloodshed
as far as I can see.

Unless we do an exchange. all the Jews in Israel for all the Palestinians in
Europe.
Cant see any of the Palestinians or Jews agreeing to being uprooted like that.

Back to no solution
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 7 October 2016 8:32:28 PM
The shift in alliance within Middle East doesn't make any of the rhetoric "Russia vs US" or "US vs Russia" a clear or constructive argument.

Here is just one example from the Guardian, "Amid Syrian chaos, Iran’s game plan emerges: a path to the Mediterranean"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/08/iran-iraq-syria-isis-land-corridor

Our awareness needs to see the whole picture and consider the interests of each Nation State within the global picture.

http://www.miacat.com/
Posted by miacat, Sunday, 9 October 2016 11:35:12 AM
#Shadow Minister

When did this become America's problem to resolve?

When America and its 61 coalition coalition allies embarked on an airborne incursion into sovereign Syrian airspace in September 2015 without being invited to do so by Syria or otherwise backed by a UN Security Coucil resolution.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/usled-coalition-launches-bombing-raids-in-syria/news-story/d64e544b5a33e0926ec450417d441d97

Every day wasted by America and Russia in getting that co-sponsored resolution drafted, presented and passed sees more death and suffering inflicted on Syria’s civilian population.

The risk that Nobel Peace Prize grantee Obama will lose face in doing so is secondary to saving innocent lives.

Obama’s policy is in tatters and he needs to try and salvage what remains of his rapidly diminishing legacy.

Going hand in hand to the UN with Putin seeems his only way out.

If you have any better idea please let me know.

#cherful

There is a solution to the Palestine question that I have proposed often in these columns - the allocation of sovereignty in the West Bank and Gaza between Israel, Jordan and Egypt which would see the Arabs ending up with about 80% of former Palestine and the Jews the remaining 20%.

Not a bad settlement considering 100% was originally designated as the geographic footprint in which the Jewish National Home was to be reconstituted.

#miacat

Islamic State and al Nusra are a threat to international peace and security. This has been stated many times in Security Council resolutions.

Security Council attempts to defeat them short of military action have failed.

There seems to now be no alternative to such military action after the horrendous events in Syria for the last two years.

This can only happen if either America or Russia do not veto any Secxurity Council resolution.

This can probably only happen if they co-sponsor a Security Council resolution.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 9 October 2016 5:25:01 PM
Hey CHERFUL,
Here's a video that might interest you.
It's an interview with a female reporter that just returned from Syria.
Why Everything You Hear About Aleppo Is Wrong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8mA0h7dCKI
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 9 October 2016 5:45:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy