The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Would abolishing 18c be moral? > Comments

Would abolishing 18c be moral? : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 16/8/2016

Taking a utilitarian point of view, 18c protects the happiness of minorities, and therefore it would be wrong to abolish it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I think the comments on your article have been helpful, Peter.
Your weird idea that repeal of 18C would not be moral gained little, if any, support.
Generally, the idea that it would be immoral for it to remain in force had major acceptance.
You apparently did not succeed in misleading anyone.
Posted by Leo Lane, Saturday, 20 August 2016 11:41:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For Leo Lane.

I was surprised that you were so negative. No attempt to workthrough this issue.Only a negative comment.

So I looked up your last few posts . Your descriptions of the entries that you were commenting on were "weird; making a fool of yourself; mislead us; baseless, subversive thinking; etc. etc. ".,

Not one positive or supportive comment.

My goodness! Thank the Lord you had no influence on the world at the beginnings of human evolution. Otherwise we would still be up in trees.
Posted by PeterBo, Sunday, 21 August 2016 3:49:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter Bo
An interesting comment by you, distinguished by the fact that it was completely negative, without any trace of a constructive comment.
My post was carefully prepared, showing the immorality of the author in supporting immoral legislation which supplies a spurious ground for punishment of people who tell the truth, and denies them freedom of speech.
At some level, Peter Bo, you are aware of your negativity, but lack the moral fortitude or wit to recognise it, so you suppress it.
The inevitable result is that you project it on to someone else.
Your post describes your own state of mind, but you assert it to be a description of the state of mind of someone else.
Face up to yourself, Peter, and acknowledge the ridiculous futility of your assertions. and the reflection of your own unfortunate state of mind
Posted by Leo Lane, Tuesday, 23 August 2016 11:34:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Leo,

There is a very comprehensive article in today's Australian (page 10) on this vital subject.

The problem that we are arguing about is right on the limits of restrictive legislation on one side, and the limits of free speech on the other. So of course, it is bound to cause a lot of heat in both directions.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 24 August 2016 9:50:24 AM
Sorry - page 12.
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 24 August 2016 9:55:27 AM
Thanks, Loudmouth, I will attempt to access it, otherwise I will revert to the ever reliable Andrew Bolt.
I am sure that his negativity puts little Bo Peep beyond any hope of redemption. He will continue to support the reprehensible.
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 24 August 2016 8:48:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy