The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Qld is morally obliged to compensate survivors of institutional abuse > Comments

Qld is morally obliged to compensate survivors of institutional abuse : Comments

By Ben Mathews, published 11/2/2004

Ben Mathews argues that survivors of instutional child abuse should be compensated

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Wow- can you imagine that- no comments on this article since Febraury 2004.

Think I might compare that with what all the bleeding hearts have had to say about children in immigration detention- and how many think those poor kids should be put in the care of the churches.

Perhaps I might then trot across to look at all those who waffle on about the out of control crime in our society, and see if they have anything to say about the 32% of prisoners who come from the background that Mr. Mathews describes in this article.

Might then check to see if that overrepresentation is mentioned by anyone writing about those pesky church infected crime prevention programs.

Don’t think I’ll find much on that!

Nevertheless- it is nice to find that there are a few people in Australia who take this stuff seriously- Keep up the good work Bernie.

Cheers
John Murray
Posted by J Christian Murray, Saturday, 8 October 2005 12:36:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy