The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Busting a popular myth on school funding > Comments

Busting a popular myth on school funding : Comments

By Colette Colman, published 30/6/2016

So where do Independent schools get funding for capital works? The answer is, almost entirely from parents. They contribute close to 90 per cent of the cost.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Overall, I agree with the sentiment of the funding of private schools. I went to a private and public school and the (private) high school I went to, had a school building fund parents could pay into (optionally).

Those who want funding cut to private schools don't realise that it will be students who will suffer, particularly those who do not want to study, maths 1,2,3 etc. The limited subject options they have available will simply be cut and these people will be left worse off.

People (at school levels) do not get to decide what school they go to. This is decided by the parents. I also believe states should get out of school funding and policy decision making. They simply play politics with the issue at the expense of others, and are simply aiming for benefits at their own selfish party political level.
Posted by NathanJ, Sunday, 3 July 2016 2:31:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy