The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The American dependency > Comments

The American dependency : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 23/6/2016

Irrespective of whether he wins or not, by nature of the fact he is where he is, Donald Trump throws into question the nature of our relationship with America, including the so called Alliance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Dearest James O'Putin

Its well known that Trolls from Olgino Inc employs yee
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolls_from_Olgino

Blaming the US for China's magical https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-dash_line South China Sea construct certainly shows your leanings.

I would have hoped Australia's own Black Clad authorities shipped you back to Beijing, Moscow, or where-ever you troll from.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 23 June 2016 4:02:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>How is it that a country like America, with a lot of talented people, can produce a presidential candidate like Trump and see him within a hairs breadth of becoming President?<<

That is a question that many ask also here, in Europe. However, even more puzzling is the question:

“How is it that a country like America, with a lot of talented people, can get itself into a situation where candidates like Donal Trump and Hillary Clinton, (a clown and a witch as somebody put it) - both more dangerous for the outside world than the incumbent and his predecessors, although in very different ways - are apparently the only two alternatives for becoming President?”
Posted by George, Thursday, 23 June 2016 8:20:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am no great fan of the US, but attacking a country because of the whackiness of people who run for positions of power in that country is a new one on me; and frankly, Bruce, I doubt whether it's going to run. Trump is no more within a 'hair's breadth' of becoming US President than Joh Bjelke-Petersen was within a hair's breadth of becoming PM in 1987. How would you have reacted if our neighbours, allies and trading partners had withdrawn their support for us then, just because some clown was able to manipulate the tools of democratic government briefly into their favour?

The depressing thing about this election is not who is going to win, but the consequences of the Republican party's being unable to put up an effective opposition. Had they been able to field a better candidate than Trump, the Democrats might have had to come up with someone better than Hilary.
Posted by Jon J, Friday, 24 June 2016 6:02:16 AM
@Plantagenet. Pete, your personalised insults are simply tiresome and do you no credit. If you bothered to actually study the issues instead of reflexively insulting those with whom you disagree, you might discover, for example, that the Nine Dash Line was drawn up in 1947 by the Nationalist government of Chiang Kai Shek. The present day government of Taiwan makes exactly the same claims viz a viz the 9 Dash Line as does the government of the PRC.
I also write comments, and publish in a variety of places under my own name, rather than hiding behind a nom-de-plume. The reason is simple. I am not afraid of my opinions and I am happy to debate them with real people at any time.
Posted by James O'Neill, Friday, 24 June 2016 12:20:27 PM
I wonder if this bloke even has a right arm, so biased his thinking. Only a fully qualified ratbag could possibly prefer the obviously criminally incompetent Hillary over Trump.

I must admit I find it amazing at just how bad the candidates for the last few US elections have been, but Clinton must be worse than even Obama, if that's at all possible.

This utter disdain for the working class & rednecks can only be because these, the very people the left considered their rusted on support, are deserting them in droves. Always the salt of the earth to the left, they are now hated by these elitists lefties. but only because they have deserted the ship.

I suppose it is good to be exposed to articles by ratbags, if only to show us how far these radical lefties would go in giving away our heritage.

Bet he really hates the result of democracy in the UK too.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 25 June 2016 4:02:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy