The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In search of a nation builder > Comments

In search of a nation builder : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 27/4/2016

80% of our land mass is sparsely populated and poorly serviced by internet, hospitals, water, railways, roads and ports.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Aidan,

With respect to you, Aidan, I think you attitude in this discussion is a threat to the GBR because of you pedantic demand for evidence that is likely to deter people from ascertaining the truth about causes and solutions.

Why don't you challenge major media about claim 93 percent of the GBR is now bleached? Did you call for evidence about that? Did you, or is that acceptable because you are a warmister perhaps?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/04/20/and-then-we-wept-scientists-say-93-percent-of-the-great-barrier-reef-now-bleached/?postshare=571461565699118&tid=ss_tw

What evidence do you have the GBR might not recover?

You say only small areas of seagrass are affected. LOL.
In 1982 I saw 100 square kilometres lost out of 150 square km in Western Port Bay Victoria, followed by mass starvation of fairy penguins.
The 1990's State of the Marine Environment Report (Zann) found fifty percent of seagrass lost from the NSW coast. Qld was never measured, not even by Seagrass Watch that is still 'watching'.

I have an ABC news release photo-evidence showing algae all over a reef and the bloom in water against the reef, a photo captioned "coral bleaching". But they missed seeing the algae. LOL
I have taken numerous photos of evidence of algae killing coral and seagrass.

A dead polyp cannot hold itself in the coral, it has to fall out or be eaten.
Do you have evidence otherwise?

Many marine biologists are warmisters doing warmister research and they have no scientific data proving heat underwater is killing that coral underwater.

The nutrient load proliferating algae in GBR waters has not been measured at all point sources and in total, therefore nutrient overload/pollution linked to algae in GBR waters is virtually ignored.
Further, it is not possible to scientifically determine whether nutrient surrounding coral on the GBR proper is coming from agriculture, because the mixed in nutrient from sewage has not been measured and identified.

What evidence do you have of what amount of fertilizer is wasted into GBR waters? You have no evidence of that, do you Aidan?

Work out sewage nutrient removal from the following. N.B ocean outfalls. Google: wastewater treatment plants Sydney Water.
Posted by JF Aus, Thursday, 28 April 2016 6:17:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,

My post above should read, "your" attitude.....

Now I suggest you take the following onboard, impact of algae on coral in addition to impact of anoxia in small and large dead zones.

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/38845/20160427/increased-amount-of-fleshy-algae-break-coral-reefs-food-chain.htm

Sustainability and further building of the underwater and above water tourism industry cannot be achieved if nutrient overload proliferated algae and impact is not seen and addressed absolutely urgently.

Marine industry stakeholders are acting on tourism damage that warmister spin doctors are causing with their nonsense about weeping scientists and 93 percent of the GBR bleached.

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/great-barrier-grief-for-greens-senators-during-planned-cairns-visit/news-story/a5ca5bdbabe973762191d4e5c3971ab2
Posted by JF Aus, Friday, 29 April 2016 7:38:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy