The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Narcissism as far as the eye can see > Comments

Narcissism as far as the eye can see : Comments

By John Tomlinson, published 6/4/2016

Narcissism is very much alive and well in recent Australian politics. One had only to watch Kevin Rudd's two stints at the helm.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Don't forget the supreme narcissist - Kevin.07

and the lesser ones - Kevin Andrews, Cory Bernardi, etc

As well as the solopsists ...
Posted by McReal, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 8:55:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, when it comes to egos, Malcolm can't fit into the same room as his?

Even so, his hands are being effectively tied and in the interests of appearing united, the extreme right wing ideologues inside the party are being handed enough crumbs to keep them inline and inside the tent!?

That said, I believe a certain amount of narcissism and egotistical arrogance is essential in a self confident leader!? Just not to the point of lunacy as described?

That said,if a high I.Q. were also mandatory in our parliaments,(pollies and public servants) we might get a better class of civil servant, better ideas and better less rambunctious more civil debate, with the fatuous self congratulatory dumb ass dorothy dix's canned!?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 10:02:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gary Johns has a satirical article in today's Australian which reflects the self-indulgence and hyper-individualistic narcissism - "Look at moi ! Look at moi !" - in much of today's society: I strongly recommend it.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 10:05:01 AM
I think politics is the preserve of true aristocrats, hence Turnbull belongs but not ego-spivs (Rudd) and alas aging Orangutangs are unqualified.
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 6:19:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy