The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Swim or spar > Comments

Swim or spar : Comments

By Irena Sprey, published 24/2/2016

As far as safety of women and girls is concerned, spending the first eighteen years of their lives improving their swim stroke does not address the real dangers to their lives in this country.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Lego

Couldn’t agree more. Said it all in a nutshell.

Irene – you say -

"Teaching mutual respect should be high on the agenda, too”.

I totally agree, however there are those that “walk among us” who have no respect for our Western culture/lifestyle and wish to cause us harm. I guess there's a good starting point in teaching “mutual respect”.

Irene - Aussies wish to live their life in peace, we talk to neighbours, we respect one another, we respect all creeds, colours, religions, we will put our hands in our pockets in times of flood, fires or misfortune to citizens in any State. This is the Aussie way - looking after a mate, we do this effortlessly.

Respect is usually taught in the home at an early age, and continues through school life, friends, work and families.

Respect is a two-way street .. sounds like a song I once knew.
Posted by SAINTS, Sunday, 28 February 2016 3:10:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy