The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trans Pacific Partnership: the secrecy continues > Comments

Trans Pacific Partnership: the secrecy continues : Comments

By Jonathan J. Ariel, published 14/8/2015

One TPP coming right up. Would you like a cost benefit analysis with that?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Greetings James,

You mention you authored an article on the topic which was published in the Australian National Review.

Please provide me with the link to your article because I cannot find it.

Maybe I need to be a subscriber in order to access it.

Thank you.
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Sunday, 16 August 2015 11:36:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jonathon, the article was first published in New Eastern Outlook in June this year. If you go to their website and put my name in the search engine it will come up. The National Review (a monthly newspaper published out of Melbourne) reprinted the article in their July 2015 issue. It can probably be accessed on line although as I buy the paper I haven't ever done so.
Posted by James O'Neill, Sunday, 16 August 2015 2:10:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi James

I finally got to read your TPP article.
Note there is something odd with the NEO website.
I tried several times - both before posting my earlier comment and after reading your reply - to find the article by placing your name in the search engine but all I could unearth was your MH17 article and not the TPP article.

I then decided to type 'trade' in the search engine and voila, there was your article.
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Sunday, 16 August 2015 10:12:43 PM
Well I couldn't care less if the TPP makes our country stinking rich.
I'll never support deals done behind closed doors. Its treason.

If its such a good idea why keep the details secret?

The US can keep their brand name drugs and their GMO's.
I don't think we should lift 1 finger to save them no matter whats on offer.

Supporting the US is to support all the crazy stuff they do all over the planet.

And I say no.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 17 August 2015 7:40:32 AM
Secrecy - the clandestine, shadow states etc., - will always be the way despite whatever legislation and various instruments of oversight are enabled. The ability to discover the truth is outstripped by the capacity to manifest deceit - and so it goes. However we must not stop striving for what should be.

Gerry Georgatos
Posted by Gerry Georgatos, Tuesday, 18 August 2015 9:47:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy